8/2 Trade Deadline Discussion

Moderator: Christopher

Michael Jack

Re: 8/2 Trade Deadline Discussion

Post by Michael Jack »

Trade for a good SP and a CF, play Vierling in right or left and rotate Schwarber and Casty at DH until Harper returns,
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

My only untouchables would be pitchers: Abel and Painter, and preferably also keep LH Erik Miller

Any other prospects/kids are fine, as far as I'm concerned, to throw into a trade. Falter and/or Sanchez, too.

Then let's DFA Herrera, Familia and Didi.
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

Dodgers don't fuck around...

Bob Nightengale
@BNightengale
·
7m
While the #Padres and #STLCards have been considered the front-runners for Juan Soto, the #Dodgers have been much more aggressive of late in their trade proposals.
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

If the Phillies trade for Jackie Bradley Jr. because "at least he's a good glove guy," I'm going to be incredibly disappointed.
Michael Jack

Post by Michael Jack »

Only upside to getting Jackie Bradley Jr. would be if it's the end of Odumbel.
schooldoc

Post by schooldoc »

Is there any indication the Phils are interested in Bradley? He's a terrific outfielder but can't hit a lick (OPS+ 59 last year and 34 this year--makes Odubel look like Babe Ruth.) With Boston hitting the skids, I'm sure JBJ could be had for a song but I'm not interested. More upside with Taylor.

But I think DD will focus most of his efforts--and assets--on acquiring a starter. With what's out there, I think they are shopping for an upgrade over Bailey Falter more than a guy who should be starting Game 3 of a playoff series. If we're good enough and fortunate enough to get in, I think I'd rather have Ranger Suarez try and give me 4-5 innings against the Dodgers than almost anyone who seems to be on the market.

Taylor and Quintana would be a nice deadline haul, in my eyes.
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

I think/hope Jackie Bradley Jr. is just the last last last fallback if everything else falls through. Even though, I'd use him only as a defensive replacement.

This is getting WAY WAY ahead of things, but if they could land a SP who's a strong #3 type, or even a potential #2, I'd toy with the idea of using Ranger Suarez out of the bullpen in October. Could be a hell of a weapon.
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

Brewers trade Hader to the Padres. Hell of a challenge trade. Contenders are basically swapping closers, with Taylor Rodgers going to Milwaukee.

Padres still in mix for Soto.
mrmountie

Post by mrmountie »

Need someone good with some control not bum hunting for the Taylors and Quintanas.
FolesMVP09

Post by FolesMVP09 »

Christopher wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:31 pm Brewers trade Hader to the Padres. Hell of a challenge trade. Contenders are basically swapping closers, with Taylor Rodgers going to Milwaukee.

Padres still in mix for Soto.
It would be best for the Phils playoff chances if he went to LA . Need LA to add losses to SF & SD