Moderator: OrangeCrush

FolesMVP09

Vigneault Fired

Post by FolesMVP09 »

philly_curse

Re: Vigneault Fired

Post by philly_curse »

Yeo as interim.

Do they think they can right the ship before they have to make some real decisions with players
BelmontShore
Site Admin

Post by BelmontShore »

They need to gut the organization, hire a guy from the Tampa Bay, Carolina or other team built from the ground up, to run the whole thing.

Fletcher needs to go next because he has utterly failed to properly address the issues on the 1st two scoring lines. They need to stop thinking Couturier is a 1st line center. I love him, he's terrific, but he is not being used properly. He is a top 3rd line center. Let him be that and dominate the top lines. Giroux is a 2nd line LW at this point in his career. It is UNFAIR to expect him to carry the scoring load alone. It is too easy to scheme to take away a single player. Hayes is not a 2nd line center, he should be a 3rd line LW with Couturier and JVR or kick JVR to the curb and let one of the kids play 3rd line RW.

This team needs high end 1st line talent. It needs a difference maker. It needs a 2nd line center who wants to push to be a 1st line center. There is no upward pressure from any player looking to increase his role. Atkinson, Farabee or Konecny can be a 1st or 2nd line RW, trade the other.

Needs:

1st line C
1st line LW
2nd line C
BelmontShore
Site Admin

Post by BelmontShore »

philly_curse wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:32 pm Yeo as interim.
This, here, ain't gonna do shit.
mrmountie

Post by mrmountie »

Dude was a grifter riding on the backs of being lucky enough to ride two HOF goalies to success, glad he's gone. Need Chuck gone next. Hope they don't go the lazy Flyers route and hire someone like Tocchet
rob630

Post by rob630 »

I really hate to give up on a season in early December. But the way this team is constructed, the lackluster sub-par performance by the players, and an organization that appears to have no direction, I don't see them turning this around anytime soon.

AV took the fall. Maybe a coaching change was needed. But the problem runs much deeper. Flyers ownership, executives, and the GM are clueless. Flyers fans have always shown blind loyalty and support, to a fault. But it's time to let this organization know the years of continued failures must end.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm disgusted.
Captain Obvious

Post by Captain Obvious »

I'm tired of hearing "well he doesn't teach Philadelphia style hockey". Well, who cares? Philadelphia style hockey hasn't worked since the Legion of Doom.

Time to gut this whole organization top to bottom. Start with the Captain. Figure out who your star is. Build around the young core.
The Poster

Post by The Poster »

philly_curse

Post by philly_curse »

They should have canned Lappy too. Dead last in the league.
rob630

Post by rob630 »

Team continues to suck with 10th straight loss tonight. As I said, Flyer's problems go much deeper than Vigneault.