Sixers 2021-2022 season discussion

Moderator: sentinelhyder

headclown

Sixers 2021-2022 season discussion

Post by headclown »

Figured we needed a spot for team information.

I saw where Jeremi Grant was possibly being discussed as a trade option....yes please
BelmontShore
Site Admin

Post by BelmontShore »

Look, I love Jerami, I want all the process 76ers' back to fill roles, but it would be too demoralizing to trade Simmons to get him.

Collars traded Grant for Ilyasova the same year he drafted Simmons.

Where's Ersan right now?
Toney22

Re: Sixers 2021-2022 season discussion

Post by Toney22 »

Meh
Don’t want him we can do better in a Ben deal imho. I think the Sixers came out and said they have no interest in him too.
headclown

Post by headclown »

There are stories out there that Ben is cash broke...wouldn't surprise me with his spending habits. Maxey is our starting PG, plain and simple...so even if Ben comes back, he becomes the 4 and Toby is the 3....not that I think he is coming back.

But I think once 15 December hits, Ben will be gone....but Sixers need wing players with some length...I would take Grant in a heartbeat but the contracts dont line up, so the Pistons would have to add to haul.
Toney22

Post by Toney22 »

headclown wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:34 pm There are stories out there that Ben is cash broke...wouldn't surprise me with his spending habits. Maxey is our starting PG, plain and simple...so even if Ben comes back, he becomes the 4 and Toby is the 3....not that I think he is coming back.

But I think once 15 December hits, Ben will be gone....but Sixers need wing players with some length...I would take Grant in a heartbeat but the contracts dont line up, so the Pistons would have to add to haul.

I saw a few stories like that as well I can’t hardly believe it’s true. If he’s already hurting for money he’s dumber than a box of rocks.
sentinelhyder

Post by sentinelhyder »

Fresh Ben news from a legit source - Lillard would "like" to play with Simmons.

Speculation from non legit sources as to names including CJ of course, Covington, etc.

Trade deadline is not until February but December 15 is when all players are eligible to be traded so that is a date to look out for.
BelmontShore
Site Admin

Post by BelmontShore »

I'm really not enamored with the idea of McCollum. I don't see how that helps with Curry having the year he's having.

I don't see McCollum being a small 3 in this already small lineup.

I don't see McCollum/Curry as a viable backcourt. My preference would be Covington, Little and Simons.
The Poster

Post by The Poster »

In a trade with Portland IMO Covington and CJ should be off the table. CJ adds nothing as BS points out to the 76ers. Covington is a shell of what he was...he looks like toast this year. Powell, not Little, and Anferne Simons should be the starting point. Maybe one or the other and maybe both with an expanded assortment of picks and players. I want nothing to do with Covington. NOTHING.
The Poster

Post by The Poster »

Now the Pacers are looking to rebuild…

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/2 ... -Scenarios
headclown

Post by headclown »

Ben is not coming back, with that being said the Sixers need to make a move this month IMO. The pacers seem to be ready to move on from some of their players. What about something around Myles Turner? He only makes 18M, so other assets will have to be included...You could have him play the 4 and move Toby to the 3. It greatly increases you defense and rebounding...He can also give you minutes at Center when Joel misses games and then have Drummond come off the bench.

Turner
LeVert
Pick

for Ben
some lower level bench guy