Eagles' 2022 Season Opener GDT: 09/11/22 Eagles(0-0) @ Lions(0-0) - 1pm

Moderator: FolesMVP09

Jamesj30t

Re: Eagles' 2022 Season Opener GDT: 09/11/22 Eagles(0-0) @ Lions(0-0) - 1pm

Post by Jamesj30t »

FolesMVP09 wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:25 pm
Moviephreak wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:24 pm This was not a win to feel good about. Raised more questions than answers on defense. I also think we are running Hurts too much. I don't like Hurts' "first receiver is covered, gotta run" philosophy.
Yep- he is not going to survive the season if that continues

On the positive - nice games by Brown & Sanders
Yeah have to find ways to get Devonta Smith more involved. Good to see good play from Brown and Sanders.
BelmontShore
Site Admin

Post by BelmontShore »

I didn't see too many route calls that gave Smith a chance to win, Goedert, too, for that matter.
BelmontShore
Site Admin

Post by BelmontShore »

Moviephreak wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:24 pm This was not a win to feel good about. Raised more questions than answers on defense. I also think we are running Hurts too much. I don't like Hurts' "first receiver is covered, gotta run" philosophy.
This is dumb.

Some of you really have no idea what you're looking at. The Lions constantly brought pressure on nearly every passing play. Hurts constantly had someone in his face, often cleanly. He barely had a passing play where he had any time. He made his reads and his runs were by design or because the defense came through clean.

When you say a QB has one read and runs, that means he has time and just runs when the one guy isn't open. That did not happen and you haters need to stop making shit up to serve your agendas.

Hurts was under assault all game and Hurts made them pay. He had an outstanding game when he got little help from his OC.
BelmontShore
Site Admin

Post by BelmontShore »

People just automatically project that if Hurts runs it's because he made one read and ran, regardless of actual circumstances. How many times did a defender come through free? How many times were both Smith and Brown covered, as the Fox crew showed on replay? If you set your back foot and you have to move off your spot, it's unlikely you have 2-3 seconds to just sit there.
Moviephreak

Post by Moviephreak »

BelmontShore wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:02 pm
This is dumb.

No it isn't. It's a different opinion than yours. If you don't like it, then fuck off.
Jamesj30t

Post by Jamesj30t »

This is dumb.

Some of you really have no idea what you're looking at. The Lions constantly brought pressure on nearly every passing play. Hurts constantly had someone in his face, often cleanly. He barely had a passing play where he had any time. He made his reads and his runs were by design or because the defense came through clean.

When you say a QB has one read and runs, that means he has time and just runs when the one guy isn't open. That did not happen and you haters need to stop making shit up to serve your agendas.

Hurts was under assault all game and Hurts made them pay. He had an outstanding game when he got little help from his OC.
Yeah the Eagles have to work on their protection schemes. Hurts is starting to run too much which will lead to him getting injured.
Also the Defense almost lost this game for the Eagles. D gave up too many points. Again we have to how good a team the
Lions to see where the Eagles are.
Captain Obvious

Post by Captain Obvious »

This is dumb.

I think he meant the design run plays for Hurts. I agree with this to an extent.

Yes Lions had Hurts scrambling more than half of the game, and I had no issue with him doing what he had to there. When the running game was the strongest point last year, just feed it to the backs and give Hurts a breather. No need to let Hurts run on some of those plays with a big (at that time) lead.

This defense though... Gonna be a long season if this keeps up.
sentinelhyder

Post by sentinelhyder »

Both lines were disappointing. only 1 game but they arent going anywhere if they play like that.
BelmontShore
Site Admin

Post by BelmontShore »

Moviephreak wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:38 pm No it isn't. It's a different opinion than yours. If you don't like it, then fuck off.
No. It was really dumb. Don't be so sensitive.
🤣🤣🤣

40% blitzes.
18-32?
3 drops
5 throw aways
2 batted down
That's 18-22.
17 runs
3 designed
4 zone read runs
10 scrambles
Multiple 1st downs
1 sack

The 1st drive, he stayed behind the line sliding left to throw to Smith. He dropped it. Next play, stays in and takes a hit going to Smith right side, Smith never turned.

After the 1st drive, they had to change approach, they gashed them catching them in blitzes, they went to more RPOs and when they blitzed, he got out and avoided sacks and lost yardage.

He ran precisely how much he needed to to avoid lost yards, sacks and didn't put the ball in danger. He played a terrific game.

You've for a lame opinion and nothing to back it up.😘🤪
BelmontShore
Site Admin

Post by BelmontShore »

Maybe you want Hurts taken hits like this, instead.

https://youtu.be/AMH1y72kmc0