Phillies' NLDS Game 4 GDT: 10/15/22 Braves(1-2) @ Phillies(2-1) - 2:07pm

Moderator: Christopher

Christopher
Posts: 1861
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:18 pm

Re: Phillies' NLDS Game 4 GDT: 10/15/22 Braves(1-2) @ Phillies(2-1) - 2:07pm

Post by Christopher »

FolesMVP09 wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 2:19 pm
Christopher wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 2:16 pm Padres have very good Top 3 starters, solid bullpen, two superstars and a bunch of guys playing like they're Cody Ross
If you are going to be the negative one, then I really serve no purpose here.....
There's a difference. I'm the realist, you're the negative one and should be calling for a Padres sweep. :)

Can the Phillies win this series? Absolutely. It's the freaking Padres. But they are just as hot as we are right now, so it's a crapshoot. Like us, they're playing with House money. We benefited tremendously from the Cardinals and Braves both playing "tight." I don't see the stress getting to San Diego. Plus the stress is different in a 7-game series than a 3- or 5-game series.
FolesMVP09
Posts: 2498
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:55 pm

Re: Phillies' NLDS Game 4 GDT: 10/15/22 Braves(1-2) @ Phillies(2-1) - 2:07pm

Post by FolesMVP09 »

Christopher wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 2:27 pm
FolesMVP09 wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 2:19 pm
Christopher wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 2:16 pm Padres have very good Top 3 starters, solid bullpen, two superstars and a bunch of guys playing like they're Cody Ross
If you are going to be the negative one, then I really serve no purpose here.....
There's a difference. I'm the realist, you're the negative one and should be calling for a Padres sweep. :)

Can the Phillies win this series? Absolutely. It's the freaking Padres. But they are just as hot as we are right now, so it's a crapshoot. Like us, they're playing with House money. We benefited tremendously from the Cardinals and Braves both playing "tight." I don't see the stress getting to San Diego. Plus the stress is different in a 7-game series than a 3- or 5-game series.
I am going to be an optimist. Phils in 7 with Kyle Gibson pitching 6 perfect innings in the finale ;)
FolesMVP09
Posts: 2498
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:55 pm

Re: Phillies' NLDS Game 4 GDT: 10/15/22 Braves(1-2) @ Phillies(2-1) - 2:07pm

Post by FolesMVP09 »

Christopher wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 1:59 pm Also, certain fan bases and establishment writers will now treat us to a week of how the revamped playoff system is (tiny violin) unfair and bad for baseball, LOL. Eat it, suckers.
waah


Joe Scarborough
@JoeNBC
MLB’s new playoff system is a train wreck. Division winners like the Dodgers, Braves, Cardinals, and Yankees should only be driven from the playoffs after losing a best-of-seven series.
ALREADY OUT
Dodgers— 111 wins
Braves— 101 wins
Mets— 101 wins
Christopher
Posts: 1861
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:18 pm

Re: Phillies' NLDS Game 4 GDT: 10/15/22 Braves(1-2) @ Phillies(2-1) - 2:07pm

Post by Christopher »

Part of me would love a Kyle Gibson redemption moment.
A bigger part of me wants him off the NLCS roster.

I think he should be the guy they remove to put Robertson back onto the roster, but given that it's a seven-game series, I'd be surprised if they do that. They'll want "contingencies" .... Probably Nick Nelson goes off.
Skyjack
Posts: 70
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:43 pm

Re: Phillies' NLDS Game 4 GDT: 10/15/22 Braves(1-2) @ Phillies(2-1) - 2:07pm

Post by Skyjack »

Christopher wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 1:59 pm Also, certain fan bases and establishment writers will now treat us to a week of how the revamped playoff system is (tiny violin) unfair and bad for baseball, LOL. Eat it, suckers.
Seems as though NY has a bit if a chafed tail. AIR the playoff system of the past gave the Phillies a rough time against the Giants and Cardinals. Just win the games and don't complain.
Christopher
Posts: 1861
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:18 pm

Re: Phillies' NLDS Game 4 GDT: 10/15/22 Braves(1-2) @ Phillies(2-1) - 2:07pm

Post by Christopher »

Skyjack wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 3:06 pm
Christopher wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 1:59 pm Also, certain fan bases and establishment writers will now treat us to a week of how the revamped playoff system is (tiny violin) unfair and bad for baseball, LOL. Eat it, suckers.
Seems as though NY has a bit if a chafed tail. AIR the playoff system of the past gave the Phillies a rough time against the Giants and Cardinals. Just win the games and don't complain.
Exactly. CLEARLY the 2011 NLDS should have been designed in a such a way that the Phillies could not suffer the indignity of losing to the second-place team from the NL Central
phtown
Posts: 205
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:25 pm

Re: Phillies' NLDS Game 4 GDT: 10/15/22 Braves(1-2) @ Phillies(2-1) - 2:07pm

Post by phtown »

FolesMVP09 wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 2:36 pm
Christopher wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 1:59 pm Also, certain fan bases and establishment writers will now treat us to a week of how the revamped playoff system is (tiny violin) unfair and bad for baseball, LOL. Eat it, suckers.
waah


Joe Scarborough
@JoeNBC
MLB’s new playoff system is a train wreck. Division winners like the Dodgers, Braves, Cardinals, and Yankees should only be driven from the playoffs after losing a best-of-seven series.
ALREADY OUT
Dodgers— 111 wins
Braves— 101 wins
Mets— 101 wins
revamped playoff system or not, it is not uncommon for division winners to lose to sub-90 win teams in the playoffs. It happened to us when the Cardinals beat one of the best Phillies teams ever.
Christopher
Posts: 1861
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:18 pm

Re: Phillies' NLDS Game 4 GDT: 10/15/22 Braves(1-2) @ Phillies(2-1) - 2:07pm

Post by Christopher »

BelmontShore wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:38 pm In all honesty.

I'm all for signing Syndergaard to a 2yr deal with an option to be a 4th starter next year.

No idea what happens with Eflin, maybe he wants to stay with these guys but they'd have the strongest starting staff in the majors...

Wheeler
Nola
Suarez
Syndergaard
Falter
Eflin
Painter
I think there a lot of other pieces of the decision-making puzzle I'd want to see before signing onto this. That includes what the Syndergaard market looks like in a shallow offseason for pitching.

For sure, I'm on team "You can never, ever have enough pitching," and so that makes me lean toward agreeing with you on Thor. I mean, SP injuries arguably sunk the Braves and Dodgers this month. Look at all that pitching Houston is swimming in, meanwhile.
FolesMVP09
Posts: 2498
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:55 pm

Re: Phillies' NLDS Game 4 GDT: 10/15/22 Braves(1-2) @ Phillies(2-1) - 2:07pm

Post by FolesMVP09 »

Christopher wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 4:13 pm
BelmontShore wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:38 pm In all honesty.

I'm all for signing Syndergaard to a 2yr deal with an option to be a 4th starter next year.

No idea what happens with Eflin, maybe he wants to stay with these guys but they'd have the strongest starting staff in the majors...

Wheeler
Nola
Suarez
Syndergaard
Falter
Eflin
Painter
I think there a lot of other pieces of the decision-making puzzle I'd want to see before signing onto this. That includes what the Syndergaard market looks like in a shallow offseason for pitching.

For sure, I'm on team "You can never, ever have enough pitching," and so that makes me lean toward agreeing with you on Thor. I mean, SP injuries arguably sunk the Braves and Dodgers this month. Look at all that pitching Houston is swimming in, meanwhile.
Shouldn't you be posting this in the Phillies off season thread?

Oh wait..........
FolesMVP09
Posts: 2498
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:55 pm

Re: Phillies' NLDS Game 4 GDT: 10/15/22 Braves(1-2) @ Phillies(2-1) - 2:07pm

Post by FolesMVP09 »

I thought that this was a nice remembrance of what we went through the prior 10 seasons which has just made this run so awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI1gXOXPu0g
Post Reply