Phillies' World Series Game 2 GDT: 10/29/22 Phillies(1-0) @ Astros(0-1) - 8:03pm

Moderator: Christopher

FolesMVP09
Posts: 2498
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:55 pm

Re: Phillies' World Series Game 2 GDT: 10/29/22 Phillies(1-0) @ Astros(0-1) - 8:03pm

Post by FolesMVP09 »

Game was over in the first inning

Wheeler's velocity being way down is a big concern and as another poster referenced, the fact that both Nola & Wheeler got hit is even a bigger concern as I don't see any way that they win this series unless they win both games 5 & 6.

I know that they are at home, but the starting pitching advantage weighs heavily to Houston the next 2 games.
Captain Obvious
Posts: 375
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:02 pm

Re: Phillies' World Series Game 2 GDT: 10/29/22 Phillies(1-0) @ Astros(0-1) - 8:03pm

Post by Captain Obvious »

Remember, lot of guys on the Phillies never played this far into the season. You got Nola, and Wheeler on a 1/4 tank of gas right now. Thankfully the pen is holding.

Yes its gonna be a struggle at home I can see it. This is why you just got to try and outslug the Astros. No other way.

Hopefully the crowd is just as energized as they were rest of the playoffs, and that can get to them a bit.
Christopher
Posts: 1861
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:18 pm

Re: Phillies' World Series Game 2 GDT: 10/29/22 Phillies(1-0) @ Astros(0-1) - 8:03pm

Post by Christopher »

We got the split in Houston.
These things never play out the way you envision, so you just have to ride with it.
As we've mentioned a lot, while it's incredibly exciting to be 3 wins from a championship, all of this is gravy and we're now/still a big underdog in the upcoming best-of-5.
Anything can still happen. While I wouldn't bet on it, I can envision the Phillies finding a way to win 2 out of 3 at home, and forcing Houston to wins Games 6 and 7.
These Phillies have earned the right for us to not 100% count them out until Houston wins 4.
Michael Jack
Posts: 176
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:16 pm

Re: Phillies' World Series Game 2 GDT: 10/29/22 Phillies(1-0) @ Astros(0-1) - 8:03pm

Post by Michael Jack »

wrench248 wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 12:22 am Astros jumped all over wheeler there. Very aggressive start for them
Three pitches, three doubles. It's almost like they knew what was coming. Go figure.
FolesMVP09
Posts: 2498
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:55 pm

Re: Phillies' World Series Game 2 GDT: 10/29/22 Phillies(1-0) @ Astros(0-1) - 8:03pm

Post by FolesMVP09 »

Michael Jack wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:41 pm
wrench248 wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 12:22 am Astros jumped all over wheeler there. Very aggressive start for them
Three pitches, three doubles. It's almost like they knew what was coming. Go figure.
Wheeler's velocity was way down - which was the issue and a big concern if there is a game 6
Christopher
Posts: 1861
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:18 pm

Re: Phillies' World Series Game 2 GDT: 10/29/22 Phillies(1-0) @ Astros(0-1) - 8:03pm

Post by Christopher »

He gave us two MVP-worthy starts in the NLCS, an incredible start vs. the Cardinals, and 6 solid innings vs. Atlanta.

Thirty innings in October at age 32-and-a-half with a 2.67 ERA and 0.725 WHIP.

If he's out of gas, I can live with that.
FolesMVP09
Posts: 2498
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:55 pm

Re: Phillies' World Series Game 2 GDT: 10/29/22 Phillies(1-0) @ Astros(0-1) - 8:03pm

Post by FolesMVP09 »

Christopher wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:53 am He gave us two MVP-worthy starts in the NLCS, an incredible start vs. the Cardinals, and 6 solid innings vs. Atlanta.

Thirty innings in October at age 32-and-a-half with a 2.67 ERA and 0.725 WHIP.

If he's out of gas, I can live with that.
My intention was not to criticize Wheeler, just dealing with the reality of last night, which was not a result of "cheating"
Christopher
Posts: 1861
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:18 pm

Re: Phillies' World Series Game 2 GDT: 10/29/22 Phillies(1-0) @ Astros(0-1) - 8:03pm

Post by Christopher »

FolesMVP09 wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 3:12 am
Christopher wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:53 am He gave us two MVP-worthy starts in the NLCS, an incredible start vs. the Cardinals, and 6 solid innings vs. Atlanta.

Thirty innings in October at age 32-and-a-half with a 2.67 ERA and 0.725 WHIP.

If he's out of gas, I can live with that.
My intention was not to criticize Wheeler, just dealing with the reality of last night, which was not a result of "cheating"
Yes, I 100% know. I was just making my own additional comment. I'm in a really Zen place with this team right now, no matter how the next 3 to 5 games turn out.
Captain Obvious
Posts: 375
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:02 pm

Re: Phillies' World Series Game 2 GDT: 10/29/22 Phillies(1-0) @ Astros(0-1) - 8:03pm

Post by Captain Obvious »

Christopher wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:29 pm
FolesMVP09 wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 3:12 am
Christopher wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:53 am He gave us two MVP-worthy starts in the NLCS, an incredible start vs. the Cardinals, and 6 solid innings vs. Atlanta.

Thirty innings in October at age 32-and-a-half with a 2.67 ERA and 0.725 WHIP.

If he's out of gas, I can live with that.
My intention was not to criticize Wheeler, just dealing with the reality of last night, which was not a result of "cheating"
Yes, I 100% know. I was just making my own additional comment. I'm in a really Zen place with this team right now, no matter how the next 3 to 5 games turn out.
Same here. They went through a lot to get this far. I would not be overly upset should they lose.

But, they are still in it as of now so let's ride the wave...
Post Reply