FolesMVP09

2021 General Eagles Discussion

Post by FolesMVP09 »

Dolphins beating the Ravens kills my hopes for a top 5 pick
BelmontShore
Site Admin

Re: 2021 General Eagles Discussion

Post by BelmontShore »

The saving grace is that the positions the Eagles need most there are top players 6-15.

DE, CB and LB, if needed, they could go OG in the teens.

The 2nd rd, it's either LB or OG, whichever they don't get with the Colts pick or their's.
headclown

Post by headclown »

Great job by Howie and the Eagles. Dallas Goedert just extended for 4/59 35M guaranteed. Excellent deal IMO.
FolesMVP09

Post by FolesMVP09 »

headclown wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:30 pm Great job by Howie and the Eagles. Dallas Goedert just extended for 4/59 35M guaranteed. Excellent deal IMO.
Agreed
headclown

Post by headclown »

Howie doing more good work ahead of the Saints game.

Eagles lock up Avonte Maddox 3/22.5M another good value for our slot corner that has versatility if needed.
BelmontShore
Site Admin

Post by BelmontShore »

This part of GMing, Roseman is among the best.

His cap manipulation of the past 2-3 years has been masterful.

All 2020, early 2021, there was all that concern trolling and trashing him about being so far over the cap and he just crushed all the naysayers. He restructured, moved players and wound up being able to make some savvy signings and while the roster is short of talent, it's young in key spots and they've been able to see who can play, who can't, then they go into 2022 with cap space and a ton of picks.

His past 2 drafts have been pretty strong, so maybe he's turned the corner. But 2022 is crucial to not miss.
headclown

Post by headclown »

I know on the outside looking in, Jalen Reagor appears to be a bust. But serious question, is it that he is a bust or that he is not getting enough opportunities? The route and catch he made last week was outstanding...but that was 1 of 2 targets. Personally, I think Nick should try to get the ball to Jalen a bit more to see if he can handle the extra load. His skillset was supposed to be burst and catching contested balls...but to this point, I think seperation has been an issue...but I would think that the new coaching staff has been working on his route running and such. Receivers sometimes take a little more patience...I wonder if Reagor is one of those players.
FolesMVP09

Post by FolesMVP09 »

The Dickerson pick is looking like a great one. Him and Mailata have been beasts in the run game
Jamesj30t

Post by Jamesj30t »

headclown wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:23 pm I know on the outside looking in, Jalen Reagor appears to be a bust. But serious question, is it that he is a bust or that he is not getting enough opportunities? The route and catch he made last week was outstanding...but that was 1 of 2 targets. Personally, I think Nick should try to get the ball to Jalen a bit more to see if he can handle the extra load. His skillset was supposed to be burst and catching contested balls...but to this point, I think seperation has been an issue...but I would think that the new coaching staff has been working on his route running and such. Receivers sometimes take a little more patience...I wonder if Reagor is one of those players.
It is a tough call to know when to pull the plug on a drafted player. The coaches know if the player is working hard enough.
We saw this issue with Fulgham a player that seemingly had talent but went bust due to work ethic issues at least that is what
I the coaches alluede to.
Captain Obvious

Post by Captain Obvious »

FolesMVP09 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:08 pm The Dickerson pick is looking like a great one. Him and Mailata have been beasts in the run game
With Kelce still playing at the top of his game, it makes you wonder what the makeup will be next year.