Philadelphia Phillies 2021 Offseason

Moderator: Christopher

BelmontShore
Site Admin

Philadelphia Phillies 2021 Offseason

Post by BelmontShore »

Wheeler gets jobbed out of the Cy Young.
Harper likely MVP to be announced.
awfulstack

Re: Philadelphia Phillies 2021 Offseason

Post by awfulstack »

BUXX
BelmontShore
Site Admin

Post by BelmontShore »

Wut? Lol.
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

I think the Phillies' first option is Starling Marte, but there's going to be a lot of competition for him.

If Marte falls through, I could see them exploring Buxton, but the price will be steep.
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

Phillies should already be generating their no-Marte plans.
He has a ton of suitors, including the Astros, who usually get their guy and are aggressively preparing for a lineup without Correa.
ConnieMack

Post by ConnieMack »

Christopher wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:21 pm I think the Phillies' first option is Starling Marte, but there's going to be a lot of competition for him.

If Marte falls through, I could see them exploring Buxton, but the price will be steep.
I'm not willing to pay the price for Buxton if it gets too ridiculous. This team has too many holes and will need any help it can get from the top prospects in the Farm system to offset the high dollar contracts.

Buxton will play next season as an oft injured 28 year old who has had One 140 game season in his 7 year career.

This past season was another injury plagued year for him, played 61 games.

He no doubt has All Star level talent but it does no good on the bench while inured.
headclown

Post by headclown »

I would like Marte, but at a controlled price...but I totally agree, the Phils need several options. Trade is probably the best, but for what price. I think the Phils will go cheap at either LF or CF, but will spend on one of them for sure. If they can unload Didi somewhere and pick up, 70% of his salary, that will give them more room to play with and then open up a spot for Stott. But I also would not be surprised if they traded Segura as part of a package. I do wonder if the Phils will anything of substance prior to 1 Dec.
mrmountie

Post by mrmountie »

headclown wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:30 pm I would like Marte, but at a controlled price...but I totally agree, the Phils need several options. Trade is probably the best, but for what price. I think the Phils will go cheap at either LF or CF, but will spend on one of them for sure. If they can unload Didi somewhere and pick up, 70% of his salary, that will give them more room to play with and then open up a spot for Stott. But I also would not be surprised if they traded Segura as part of a package. I do wonder if the Phils will anything of substance prior to 1 Dec.
Nuke the entire franchise from orbit if this is considered a good offseason.
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

mrmountie wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:11 pm Nuke the entire franchise from orbit if this is considered a good offseason.
It's not officially a Philaphans Temporary Backup Board until Mountie starts nuking stuff.

Need big bats.
Need arms.
Need spending.
Let's get at least one big piece added before the owners shut it all down in a few days.
ConnieMack

Post by ConnieMack »

headclown wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:30 pm I would like Marte, but at a controlled price...but I totally agree, the Phils need several options. Trade is probably the best, but for what price. I think the Phils will go cheap at either LF or CF, but will spend on one of them for sure. If they can unload Didi somewhere and pick up, 70% of his salary, that will give them more room to play with and then open up a spot for Stott. But I also would not be surprised if they traded Segura as part of a package. I do wonder if the Phils will anything of substance prior to 1 Dec.
Agree wit the controlled price on Marte as He'll play next season as a 33 year old. Speed is his strength and it's on the downside of the slope going forward.
He's been hurt the last 3 full seasons He's played too, 145, 132 and 120 games played in successive years.
Little power, 126 HR in 10 seasons. So if his speed declines you'll be paying $$ for a defensive OF.