Eagles' 2023 NFC Wildcard GDT 1/15/24: Eagles(11-6) @ Bucs(9-8) 8:15pm

Moderator: FolesMVP09

phtown

Re: Eagles' 2023 NFC Wildcard GDT 1/15/24: Eagles(11-6) @ Bucs(9-8) 8:15pm

Post by phtown »

Captain Obvious wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:50 am
BelmontShore wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:38 am Hurts needs to demand dramatic changes to the offense for next year. This can't be allowed to continue.

I won't watch it.

I'm tell y'all right now. I'm not gonna do this to myself again.
Real hot take here but I am starting to doubt Hurts.

I'm hoping it's just the coaching but he's made a ton of questionable decisions during this shitbed
Bad decision making and indecisiveness is a poor combination
BelmontShore
Site Admin

Post by BelmontShore »

Captain Obvious wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:50 am Real hot take here but I am starting to doubt Hurts.

I'm hoping it's just the coaching but he's made a ton of questionable decisions during this shitbed
I could not disagree more.

This is entirely scheme based, horrible playcalling and questionable coaching. The offense is essentially what Buddy Ryan did to Randall Cunningham just to watch Cunningham in Minnesota.

Hurts had ONE WR last night. One. It took them a quarter and a half to target him. They ran the ball FIVE times in the 1st half when the game was still in reach. They NEVER brought a receiver into the wide open middle, in Jalen's vision when 2-3 free blitzers were coming through, untouched.

What in the fuck is Jalen Hurts supposed to do?

Honestly. What is wrong with y'all tryna blame that kid. How is he supposed to do everything himself?

Where are the tosses to the wide side when the LBs are in the A gap? Where is the draw play? Where are the TE/Slot WR slants or drags? Where are the quick swing passes? Where is ANY play known to defeat a blitz? 13 times, he had defenders in his face in 2 secs. 10 times, they were free rushers.

He is put in ridiculous positions, given no help and no answers by the play callers. Why was the TB QB given bootlegs, rollouts, quick passes in the flat to the TE? What about all those deep crossing routes in the zone? Don't fucking tell me Hurts can't make those throws when he's done it for 2 years under Steichen. The idea that Hurts can't make those basic, rudimentary throws is insulting.

It's the worst designed and run offense I've seen in 53 years of watching the Eagles and I saw Roman Gabriel and Mike Boryla run offenses.
BelmontShore
Site Admin

Post by BelmontShore »

phtown wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:19 am Bad decision making and indecisiveness is a poor combination
What the fuck did he have to work with?

He made some unbelievable throws under intense pressure. Where was the help from the run game or from creative pass routes? Where are the runs or picks? The Eagles' offensive staff sat there and watched what the Bucs offense was doing to them and didn't get the idea to try those plays, themselves. What about the bootleg with the BUCS TE leaking out the backside wide open? You can't do that with Goedert?

What are you people looking at?
Moviephreak

Post by Moviephreak »

People are looking for a player scapegoat when the problem is the scheme on both sides of the ball and the inability to adjust when things aren't working.

Defensive scheming is just as bad if not worse than the offensive scheme. Multiple times last night the Bucs had 3rd and 2 and we had 4 and 5 players lined up 6 or 7 yards beyond the line of scrimmage. Friend of mine that was watching the game with me (who doesn't watch football all that much) was calling out how bad of an idea that was.

Offense has 2 yards to go and the defenders have to go 7 yards to stop them, well, that's a fairly large disadvantage. Pretty easy math there and it leads to pretty easy 1st downs.
sentinelhyder

Post by sentinelhyder »

BelmontShore wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:38 am Hurts needs to demand dramatic changes to the offense for next year. This can't be allowed to continue.

I won't watch it.

i thought Johnson would work b/c of continuity and Hurts liked him. Desai i was iffy about b/c he's a Fangio disciple and im not a fan of that style of defense but im sure i talked myself into it after drafting Carter and Smith.
Captain Obvious

Post by Captain Obvious »

sentinelhyder wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:45 pm

I won't watch it.

i thought Johnson would work b/c of continuity and Hurts liked him. Desai i was iffy about b/c he's a Fangio disciple and im not a fan of that style of defense but im sure i talked myself into it after drafting Carter and Smith.
I honestly think there more to this with Hurts and Johnson/Sirianni not getting along as the season went forward especially after the SF game.

The rumor that I heard (Twitter/X so don't hold me to this) also was that there were times Johnson would call a play and SIrianni would over ride it, then Hurts would audible the play at the line. Which may be one reason Goddert flipped out Monday.

Of course we're not in the locker room so it's hard to say.
sentinelhyder

Post by sentinelhyder »

idont think the offensive issues were a personnel problem. defense however, i think mostly was. going from 70 sacks to 43 was a big reason. the d was always predicated on pressure.
Vegas Eagle Fan

Post by Vegas Eagle Fan »

Captain Obvious wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:49 pm

I honestly think there more to this with Hurts and Johnson/Sirianni not getting along as the season went forward especially after the SF game.

The rumor that I heard (Twitter/X so don't hold me to this) also was that there were times Johnson would call a play and SIrianni would over ride it, then Hurts would audible the play at the line. Which may be one reason Goddert flipped out Monday.

Maybe they need the Water Boy, Seriously, everyone down, from Howie, the coaches and the players were complicit with the garbage that we saw on the field. Early on, even when they were winning, they looked off. The loss to the Jets was inexcusable and the cracks got larger from there on out
Vegas Eagle Fan

Post by Vegas Eagle Fan »

Captain Obvious wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:49 pm

Maybe they need the Water Boy, Seriously, everyone down, from Howie, the coaches and the players were complicit with the garbage that we saw on the field. Early on, even when they were winning, they looked off. The loss to Jets was inexcusable and the cracks got larger from there on out
Last edited by Vegas Eagle Fan on Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:08 am, edited 2 times in total.