2024 Eagles Offseason Thread - Smith Extension(4/15/24)

Moderator: FolesMVP09

Christopher

Re: 2024 Eagles Offseason Thread

Post by Christopher »

And, no surprise at this point, but Sirianni IS returning
Moviephreak

Post by Moviephreak »

No interest in "Riverboat" Ron for our DC. Also seeing rumors about interest in Ryan Nielson (Atlanta DC). Also no interest in a DC who coached a defense last year that was even worse than ours.

Leslie Frazier is available and I think would be a decent DC for us, even after taking a year off from football. Also Wink Martindale would be a good choice just because I would love to see more blitzing from us.
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

From the rumors we're getting on interviews, the philosophy definitely seems to be surrounding Sirianni with guys who have a ton of experience
sentinelhyder

Post by sentinelhyder »

seems it but that alone doesnt move the needle much for me. for OC anyway, get guys that utilize the talents of your best players. pretty simple.

you want to know how many carries/ receptions the Niners back up RB had in the GB game? Zero. b/c you give the ball to your best players and allow them to make plays.
Captain Obvious

Post by Captain Obvious »

Moviephreak wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:08 pm No interest in "Riverboat" Ron for our DC. Also seeing rumors about interest in Ryan Nielson (Atlanta DC). Also no interest in a DC who coached a defense last year that was even worse than ours.

Leslie Frazier is available and I think would be a decent DC for us, even after taking a year off from football. Also Wink Martindale would be a good choice just because I would love to see more blitzing from us.
Rivera, while probably not the best choice, wouldn't be a bad choice as he does have a solid track record as DC. Commanders Defense put up good numbers in the four years he was there as well.

Brad Johnson's name has been brought up as well.

Martindale isn't a "Yes man" that Lurie would like. Wouldn't be a bad choice either though.

One thing and I will let it go. Patricia came in and ran Desai's defense the last four weeks. Not his own. Would be interesting to see what he would have done with his own stuff.

I'm one of the very few that liked them bringing in Matt Patricia. I'll eat crow for it.
BelmontShore
Site Admin

Post by BelmontShore »

[The Philadelphia Eagles are moving on from offensive coordinator Brian Johnson, sources told Jeff McLane of The Philadelphia Inquirer.]

Somehow getting what you want isn't satisfying in the end. I feel like Desai and Johnson were scapegoated for Sirianni.
BelmontShore
Site Admin

Post by BelmontShore »

It's Wink or Frazier for me, too.

Rivera is too far removed and I never liked the Falcons' defense.

I liked Wink's blitz schemes and his aggressiveness. I think he could really unleash Reddick, Smith and Sweat.
BelmontShore
Site Admin

Post by BelmontShore »

They just can't hire that Klingbury dude.

That offensive scheme is awful. It's Sirianni's but worse. He might be the only OC who likes bubble screens more than Nick.

If they hire him I'm gonna lay waste to that organization.
sentinelhyder

Post by sentinelhyder »

FAngio gone from Miami. Guessing he becomes a target at DC.

i am not a fan of Vic. at all
BelmontShore
Site Admin

Post by BelmontShore »

Just not happy with this at all.

I was a fan of Fangio but the idea of continuing with a bend don't break scheme isn't appealing. OCs have figured it out, they preach patience and taking what is given for long drives and advantages in TOP.

There's a reason the 4 defenses remaining are all high pressure, in your face, blitzing pressing, attacking defenses.

The Eagles vowed to be ahead of the curve, they have fallen dramatic behind and they are arrogant and ignorant about it. Same with the offensive scheme.