Ben Simmons Rumor Season

Moderator: sentinelhyder

Buff

Re: Ben Simmons Rumor Season

Post by Buff »

headclown wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:39 pm Well according to Woj, Sac is out of the Ben Simmons discussions. Morey has fucked this
Nah, there's nothing that won't be there at the end of the season. If they really weren't offering Fox or Haliburton it was a non starter anyway.

This also feels like a SAC leak to be honest.
adamcru

Post by adamcru »

headclown wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:15 pm New rumor out there is Simmons and Maxey for Harden. If Morey was to do this, I would have a hard time rooting for this team as long as Morey was there. I want no part of Harden and to include Maxey is ridiculous. Do the Sacramento trade and end this bullshit.
Agree with this. Not sure what Morey’s fascination is with Harden but if he did that trade I would be pretty pissed. Another example of giving up on a young player with star potential.
BelmontShore
Site Admin

Post by BelmontShore »

Captain Obvious wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:50 pm Disagree.

#1 pick. Star player on a team with high hopes to reach the Finals three of the last 4 years. Of course there is pressure. Of course he is under a microscope. This is his 6th year in the NBA. Hurts just finished his second (first as a starter). Turn off WIP.

If the Sixers abanodned him 4 times, why did he sign a max deal contract to stay here?

No team is going to build around Ben Simmons in his state. No one. Only thing he can do to fix 80% of the issue is to play and show he can play.

He didn't handle the playoffs well. Fell off and disappeared when it was his time to step up. If it's mental, OK then.

Again, if all this came out before the Hawks series, this would all be a different story. If he was a second round pick forced into a tight situation cause of injury. Ok wasn''t necessary his fault.

I too don't want Ben here if he is not happy, but holding out is not helping his own situation.
Everything you wrote is either myopic, mistaken or wrong. The cognitive dissonance among too many in the fan base is profound. I can't even begin to tell you how dumb some of this stuff is which is surprising from you.
BelmontShore
Site Admin

Post by BelmontShore »

headclown wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:13 pm Shaq said it best last night about Ben. And Bel you are not objective about Ben and this situation. You never have been. Im not sure why. I dont care what the situation or how much you hate management or the franchise, you DONT let the other players suffer like he is doing...you DONT abandon your teammates.
I've never been? You are one dumb son of a bitch.

I'm the only one with any objectivity. You forget I'm the one who properly diagnosed Ben before he was even drafted. I'm the one who told this board he would leave and try to get to the WC his draft year. I was surprised he signed the damn extension. The fuck is wrong with you?

I haven't posted opinion or from anger or disappointment, I spoke facts. The list of players who have left their teams and their teammates is.a fucking mile long. But because you only see this as a fan, you're angry, you lash out, none of you look at the big picture. I'm embarrassed for you.
phtown

Post by phtown »

Could grow to like Harden but it will be really difficult.
This roster is is so weak at the 2 and 3 spot that a so-called lesser move would probably pay bigger dividends than we think.

Still love the idea of getting Wiggins from GS. Their roster is in such flux I wonder if Harris would be of any interest to them. Then Send Ben to Atlanta for Hunter and 2 guard. Huerter is probably out of reach but he would be part of a great return. Then you would be far better on both sides of the ball.
headclown

Post by headclown »

BelmontShore wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:41 pm
headclown wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:13 pm Shaq said it best last night about Ben. And Bel you are not objective about Ben and this situation. You never have been. Im not sure why. I dont care what the situation or how much you hate management or the franchise, you DONT let the other players suffer like he is doing...you DONT abandon your teammates.
I've never been? You are one dumb son of a bitch.

I'm the only one with any objectivity. You forget I'm the one who properly diagnosed Ben before he was even drafted. I'm the one who told this board he would leave and try to get to the WC his draft year. I was surprised he signed the damn extension. The fuck is wrong with you?

I haven't posted opinion or from anger or disappointment, I spoke facts. The list of players who have left their teams and their teammates is.a fucking mile long. But because you only see this as a fan, you're angry, you lash out, none of you look at the big picture. I'm embarrassed for you.
LOL...And no the list is not a mile long for a guy that JUST signed his extension. In fact this has rarely, if ever happened like this.
Captain Obvious

Post by Captain Obvious »

BelmontShore wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:34 pm

#1 pick. Star player on a team with high hopes to reach the Finals three of the last 4 years. Of course there is pressure. Of course he is under a microscope. This is his 6th year in the NBA. Hurts just finished his second (first as a starter). Turn off WIP.

If the Sixers abanodned him 4 times, why did he sign a max deal contract to stay here?

No team is going to build around Ben Simmons in his state. No one. Only thing he can do to fix 80% of the issue is to play and show he can play.

He didn't handle the playoffs well. Fell off and disappeared when it was his time to step up. If it's mental, OK then.

Again, if all this came out before the Hawks series, this would all be a different story. If he was a second round pick forced into a tight situation cause of injury. Ok wasn''t necessary his fault.

I too don't want Ben here if he is not happy, but holding out is not helping his own situation.
Everything you wrote is either myopic, mistaken or wrong. The cognitive dissonance among too many in the fan base is profound. I can't even begin to tell you how dumb some of this stuff is which is surprising from you.
Well Bel, Opinions vary.

Please elaborate why it is mistaken, or in your words, dumb...
headclown

Post by headclown »

Captain Obvious wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:04 pm

Well Bel, Opinions vary.

You are not allowed to have a differing opinion...and if you do you are called names or marginalized. There are facts to this situation but mostly feelings are involved, especially for fans. And IMO as a fan, no one should tell you how to feel...I think we still have that right in America.
mrmountie

Post by mrmountie »

headclown wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:15 pm
Well Bel, Opinions vary.

You are not allowed to have a differing opinion...and if you do you are called names or marginalized. There are facts to this situation but mostly feelings are involved, especially for fans. And IMO as a fan, no one should tell you how to feel...I think we still have that right in America.
"Lol"
headclown

Post by headclown »

mrmountie wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:24 pm
headclown wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:15 pm

Well Bel, Opinions vary.

"Lol"
Return of the TROLL