Ben Simmons Rumor Season

Moderator: sentinelhyder

Vegas Eagle Fan

Re: Ben Simmons Rumor Season

Post by Vegas Eagle Fan »

Buff wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:30 pm Vince Goodwill says on Chris Haynes podcast that the Sixers have apparently offered Simmons and Maxey plus filler/picks for Harden.

Don't like that at all.

I'm all in on star hunting, and I know you have to give to get, but Embiid (obviously) and Maxey are untouchable if I'm the Sixers. Anyone else is fair game.
Maxey should not be a part of any deal, especially after last night's game. Maybe the Harden rumors are nothin but smoke and mirrors. Plus, he will be a FA in 2023
awfulstack

Post by awfulstack »

Lmao Bens camp.

“He is mad that Embiid blamed him when he didn’t blame Embiid for the Raptors series in 2019”

The Sixers were a +90 that series when Joel played. -109 when he sat.

On the other hand we’re a -16 when Ben was in and -3 when he was on the bench. He also average 11 and 5 that series.

The delusion lol
em50project

Post by em50project »

BelmontShore wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:13 am
headclown wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:34 pm Amazing how it has gotten lost that you have a person that abandoned his team. Simmons has played the long game and has received most of his money this year for being a coward and a traitor. As with anyone in therapy, there has to be a goal and if he truly was having mental issues, eventually it would be a goal to come back to his team and attempt to be member of his team.

I get it that it is over, but the pass the Simmons is getting should not be lost either.
This is a dumb, childish outlook.

Grow the fuck up.

The organization abandoned him 4 times. Four. He sees the writing on the wall and just wants to restart his career with a team that values him and will build around him. He was told when he signed the contract that he and Embiid were the twin pillars of the team. Equals. That was a lie.

He got over that and played the season only to have both Embiid and Rivers throw him under the bus, then the fans only blamed him. He knows how Philadelphia is, he sees it every day. Jalen Hurts is going through it right now. Ben Simmons is the scapegoat and the trade piece.

All he's saying let's stop playing at it and just get it out of the way because his anxiety issues can't take the not knowing, the uncertainty. Anyone who has ever experienced anxiety knows what not knowing does to you.

We want him to play because it makes us happy to see the 76ers win. This is unimportant. Get over it. He's gone. Stop attaching your own personal feelings, stop acting like the hurt party.

Ben Simmons deserves to be happy. If he's not happy playing on the team I root for then I don't want him here and I'll wait patiently until that day and welcome the next.
Ben is one of the biggest babies and whiners to every come down the pike.

Poor Ben and his crutch excuse anxiety.

https://nypost.com/2022/02/01/what-stil ... ith-76ers/
Buff

Post by Buff »

It really seems like the stars are aligning for a Harden trade. Nets on a 6 game losing streak, Harden talking really negatively about the situation, Sixers and Ben still at an absolute impasse.

I think Harden has grown incredibly frustrated with Kyrie, and he's blaming his teams failures on him this season.

I still think it happens in the offseason as a sign and trade, but it's more likely than ever that it will happen before the deadline.
jrollin24

Post by jrollin24 »

Buff wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:59 pm It really seems like the stars are aligning for a Harden trade. Nets on a 6 game losing streak, Harden talking really negatively about the situation, Sixers and Ben still at an absolute impasse.

I think Harden has grown incredibly frustrated with Kyrie, and he's blaming his teams failures on him this season.

I still think it happens in the offseason as a sign and trade, but it's more likely than ever that it will happen before the deadline.
There's a lot of incentive right now for the Nets to lose. They would be the first team in the history of professional sports more likely to win as a 7/8 seed due to the Kyrie ban at home. No one in the East is beating a healthy Durant/Harden/Kyrie and that's all they need come playoff time.
Buff

Post by Buff »

jrollin24 wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:54 pm
Buff wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:59 pm It really seems like the stars are aligning for a Harden trade. Nets on a 6 game losing streak, Harden talking really negatively about the situation, Sixers and Ben still at an absolute impasse.

There's a lot of incentive right now for the Nets to lose. They would be the first team in the history of professional sports more likely to win as a 7/8 seed due to the Kyrie ban at home. No one in the East is beating a healthy Durant/Harden/Kyrie and that's all they need come playoff time.
Normally I agree with your sentiment. However, chemistry is something you can't just create out of nowhere. If Harden really is as frustrated as he seems, and with Kyrie not playing all of his games, it's hard to "come together for the playoffs" at the last minute. We've seen this with deadline moves to push teams over the top. Sometimes it works, but more often than not it doesn't.

Think about it this way. If the miracle of miracles happens and Ben decides tomorrow to come back to the Sixers and ramps up to play. He's ready to play by the trade deadline. Do you really think he's going to be in the right mindset to help this team win a championship? Do you really think his teammates would be either? Chemistry is often overlooked as a teams key to success.
Gennosuke

Post by Gennosuke »

Simmons probably won't get moved by the trade deadline, but I would be surprised if Morey doesn't pull off a deal or two to try and improve this team. I could see him making both Shake and Furkan (both currently injured) available, as well as Green, Reed and possibly Jaden Springer, as well as draft picks. Last year he brought in a veteran PG in Springer (which didn't work out very well) and I could see him going a similar route this year with another veteran guard and possibly an athletic forward to add more consistent scoring punch to the bench.
Buff

Post by Buff »

BelmontShore wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:41 pm
headclown wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:13 pm Shaq said it best last night about Ben. And Bel you are not objective about Ben and this situation. You never have been. Im not sure why. I dont care what the situation or how much you hate management or the franchise, you DONT let the other players suffer like he is doing...you DONT abandon your teammates.
I've never been? You are one dumb son of a bitch.

I'm the only one with any objectivity. You forget I'm the one who properly diagnosed Ben before he was even drafted. I'm the one who told this board he would leave and try to get to the WC his draft year. I was surprised he signed the damn extension. The fuck is wrong with you?

I haven't posted opinion or from anger or disappointment, I spoke facts. The list of players who have left their teams and their teammates is.a fucking mile long. But because you only see this as a fan, you're angry, you lash out, none of you look at the big picture. I'm embarrassed for you.

Bel, what do you want the Sixers to do? You can't go back and change what has happened in the past, you obviously don't want Harden, so what's the move?
sentinelhyder

Post by sentinelhyder »

not sure if this has any impact on a Simmons trade but certainly should perk Lillard's ears

The Clippers are trading Eric Bledsoe, Justise Winslow, Keon Johnson and future second-round pick to the Trail Blazers for Norman Powell and Robert Covington, sources tell ESPN.