Ben Simmons Rumor Season

Moderator: sentinelhyder

adamcru

Re: Ben Simmons Rumor Season

Post by adamcru »

awfulstack wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:25 am If they are going to get Harden, I would think the next moves are shipping out Korkmaz/Curry for different type of role players.
Would make sense.
Vegas Eagle Fan

Post by Vegas Eagle Fan »

Not that I give a shit, but Simmons playing for the Nets might not work out for him either. He needs a team where the fans are more forgiving.
FolesMVP09

Post by FolesMVP09 »

Vegas Eagle Fan wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:44 pm Not that I give a shit, but Simmons playing for the Nets might not work out for him either. He needs a team where the fans are more forgiving.
He needs a team that is not very good so that no one cares or one with enough other good offensive players that he can play his limited offense game without hurting their chances to win in the playoffs
BelmontShore
Site Admin

Post by BelmontShore »

This is not gonna happen.

Move along.
headclown

Post by headclown »

Caris Levert is traded to the Cavs...this makes them a much better team...they essentially gave up nothing.
phtown

Post by phtown »

headclown wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:36 am Caris Levert is traded to the Cavs...this makes them a much better team...they essentially gave up nothing.
He would look good in a Sixers uniform. Can't stay healthy tho.
Buff

Post by Buff »

Bill Simmons reports in his podcast that the Nets want Seth Curry in a deal with Ben for Harden.

I mean, Seth has one of the best contracts in the league, but if it takes him it's no sweat. Upgrade his spot for an athletic wing at the deadline/buy out market and move on.

Remember folks, any trade involving Ben means that you're improving the on court Sixers this year without giving up anything on the court currently. I'm not an advocate for "trade just to trade" but Ben is going to be the biggest piece in this deal. No one other than Embiid and Maxey are untouchable to get it done.
sentinelhyder

Post by sentinelhyder »

Morey's obviously hellbent on getting Harden so if thats the target and it costs you Simmons plus Curry, the deal probably gets done. Losing Curry would sting, he was probably their second best player in the playoffs last year, but better than losing Maxey.
Buff

Post by Buff »

And then, from Jake Fischer at B/R (Who I trust more than Bill Simmons)

There has been no contact, negotiations, offers or framework discussed with the Nets from any team regarding Harden.

He also notes that the two players most discussed in trades are Paul Reed and Isaiah Joe

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/295 ... rden-trade

The truth is somewhere in between "The Nets will do the trade for Curry and Simmons" and "The Nets and Sixers haven't spoken at all."

I agree that I think Harden becomes a Sixer, and it's more likely now than ever that it happens before the deadline, however I still maintain that the best chance for this to happen is the offseason.

If I'm putting percentages on the deadline, here's how I'd put it.

70% Ben stays past the deadline
20% Ben gets moved for Harden
10% Ben gets moved for another package
Gennosuke

Post by Gennosuke »

You're not going to make a run at a title if Seth Curry is your starting SG. As good as his offense can be when he's able to get his shot off, his defense is a major issue, especially come playoff time when the better teams can repeatedly exploit his lack of size and athleticism (see Huerter in Game 7 vs the Hawks). He is definitely an elite 3-point shooter and an effective floor spacer, but he's also a streaky scorer who can be tentative and get shut down against better defenders. Ideally you would like him coming off the bench to play against the other club's 2nd teamers. His departure would hurt the 76ers' 3-pt scoring, much like Redick's departure did, but as long as you're not trying to replace him with an ineffective floor spacer like Josh Richardson, that should not be a glaring problem.