2022 Eagles Offseason Discussion

Moderator: FolesMVP09

leclair10

Re: 2022 Eagles Offseason Discussion

Post by leclair10 »

jrollin24 wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:39 pm
leclair10 wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:38 pm Myles Jack has been cut. Despite having a down year last year, he would instantly become the best LB the Eagles have had since....?
Also, he is just 26 and it's going to be his 7th year in the league :o
Not after the coin they dished out for Reddick. Same type player
Perhaps when they were coming into the league. But Reddick is a pass rusher now, isn't he? Jack is a 3 down backer.
Ben Grimm

Post by Ben Grimm »

The Reddick signing has me really thinking (that's the burning wood you smell). Haasan works off the blitz. That's where he performs as a 90%er. No blitz, he's just another guy. The Eagles, I'm sure know this. Gannon's defense was very passive overall and I think that's because there wasn't much talent behind the front-4.

I'm thinking we're going to see a totally different mindset this year. I see another piece on the defensive side of the ball via FA, and I'm certain one of their first rounders will also bring a solid defensive player. I see this team hedging more towards the middle of the league when it comes to blitzing as Gannon should feel a bit more secure in his players. I mean anything's better than 30th or 31st - which is where I believe they were this past season.

If you're going to sign a player like Haasan, you need to change your defensive philosophy. I'm thinking that'll be the case this year.
Ben Grimm

Post by Ben Grimm »

leclair10 wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:10 pm
jrollin24 wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:39 pm
leclair10 wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:38 pm Myles Jack has been cut. Despite having a down year last year, he would instantly become the best LB the Eagles have had since....?
Also, he is just 26 and it's going to be his 7th year in the league :o
Not after the coin they dished out for Reddick. Same type player
Perhaps when they were coming into the league. But Reddick is a pass rusher now, isn't he? Jack is a 3 down backer.
LB's coming off "down years" can often be gotten on the cheap. Sure, Myles suffered in most categories last year other than tackles. But was that on him or his team's (jacksonville) offense. Many people don't seem to understand offense and defense work hand-in-hand in the NFL. Jacksonville was brutal on offense. Most teams started their drives only 35-40 yards from the end zone. They also had leads. So all they did was grind into the middle of the line and take their 3-4 yards each rush. Very difficult to establish sacks, int's, TFLs etc, when the opposing team's offense is simply snap and go up the middle.

Jack was a dynamic LBer. If the price is right, he makes for a solid piece who - at worst - won't let anybody with the ball reach the secondary.
headclown

Post by headclown »

I definitely see the Eagles drafting a LB in round 1 or 2 and a running back in or before the 4th round.
headclown

Post by headclown »

Extremely underwhelming start to FA for the birds. I like Reddick, but worried about his size and sounds like he will be rushing from the LB position, so how does that work on a team that does not blitz? Are we going to a 3-4 defense? Reddick was tried as a traditional LB in Arizona his first couple of years and he was a bust...they let him rush the passes in his final year and he exploded.

I know they "tried" to sign Marcus Williams, but failed to do so and now Maye signed with the Saints...so who in the hell is going to be their safety this year? McLeod is done...bringing him back would be beyond stupid, unless it was a minimum deal as a depth piece/leadership spot.

Also typically Howie is doing a lot of restructuring to free up extra cap space, but so far nothing to speak of.
Weapon X

Post by Weapon X »

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/202 ... terback-qb

Cliff notes version of the article on BGN.

1. Barrett Books says he has on good insider knowlege 90% chance D Watson in in Eagle nation by Friday.

FOR this years first three 1st rounders and possibly next years as well.

2. It means some bigger players are going to have to be moved (unnamed)

3. Inference that J Hurts can be moved and G Minshaw stays as number 2.

4. This is a reason why H Reddick was signed to add to D Line.

I have not had enough time to process this.

IT IS Barrett Brooks whom I'm assuming is somewhat plugged in...
FolesMVP09

Post by FolesMVP09 »

Weapon X wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:53 pm https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/202 ... terback-qb

1. Barrett Books says he has on good insider knowlege 90% chance D Watson in in Eagle nation by Friday.

I think that Barrett has a bad source as no one else is reporting any involvement by the Eagles

All indications that I have read seem to show that Watson does not want to come here
Weapon X

Post by Weapon X »

FolesMVP09 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:43 pm
Weapon X wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:53 pm https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/202 ... terback-qb

I think that Barrett has a bad source as no one else is reporting any involvement by the Eagles

All indications that I have read seem to show that Watson does not want to come here
I frankly do not know. If he (BB) is reporting a source he also has to be smart enough to know if the source is plugged in or not? Lots of smoke!
headclown

Post by headclown »

This is flat out fucking stupid by BB. First off all 3 picks and next years first. After signing Kelce and now Reddick, the Eagles dont have much cap space left and Watson carries a 35M cap hit. Not to mention you now dont have room to get the other help you need or the draft picks to get younger on defense. Not to mention they have 6 starters to replace on defense.
FolesMVP09

Post by FolesMVP09 »

headclown wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:00 pm

This is flat out fucking stupid by BB. First off all 3 picks and next years first. After signing Kelce and now Reddick, the Eagles dont have much cap space left and Watson carries a 35M cap hit. Not to mention you now dont have room to get the other help you need or the draft picks to get younger on defense. Not to mention they have 6 starters to replace on defense.
and as I said, Watson has to approve the trade. I think Brooks got played