For the love of God and all things Holy....

Moderator: sentinelhyder

BelmontShore
Site Admin

For the love of God and all things Holy....

Post by BelmontShore »

Do NOT fucking re-sign James Harden.

I warned all y'all. You know I did.

I told you he was washed. I told you he was bad for the offense, that he held the ball too much, despite his gaudy assist totals that are totally misleading. He ruins the flow of the offense, guys stand around for too many possessions in a row. It's too much isolation basketball and he is a god damn sieve on defense.

Daryl Morey must have the willpower to overcome his allegiance to James Harden and do his fucking job.

Do not re-sign James Harden.
Trade Tobias Harris using Thybulle as bait.
Let Jordan & Millsap walk.
Trade Korkmaz for a 2nd or another team's disappointment.
Trade Green's expiring contract either in the offseason or let him ride the bench until the trade deadline.

Build the team around Embiid and Maxey with long, hyper athletic players. Build Milton into a Dinwiddie 6th man. Get Springer ready to play significant minutes, he needs to be the next Desmond Bane. Get Joe, Reed & Bassey ready for significant minutes.

Did I mention don't fucking re-sign James Harden unless it's a sign & trade to Portland or Utah. Find a team that is stuck behind the Suns & Warriors.
Captain Obvious

Re: For the love of God and all things Holy....

Post by Captain Obvious »

My favorite phrase is "Be careful what you wish for..."

To me, it's always hard to evaluate a player who is only here for a few games. Would like to give Harden a full season, but completely understand the frustration. There's a reason he has been bounced around the league a bit. I wouldn't be upset if he leaves, or stays.

I am starting to wonder, is it Embiid? I love the guy, but it seems maybe they can't find the right guys to fit him. I don't want to see him gone cause he is the man. Just strange he has been the center peice (so to speak) for 7 years now and they have yet to completely fill in around him. The guys they did get can't make it work.

Is it Doc? Last night to me looked like Doc is beginning to quit on this team, and possibly the team is quitting on him. I honestly think his days are numbered, or at least they should be. Can Sam Cassell be the man? Should've never got rid of Monty.

I am in for another "retool" around Joel. New coach, scheme, and some better peices that fit, but at some point Embiid is gonna get older, and that's going to be it.
Buff

Post by Buff »

BelmontShore wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:36 am Do NOT fucking re-sign James Harden.

I warned all y'all. You know I did.

I told you he was washed. I told you he was bad for the offense, that he held the ball too much, despite his gaudy assist totals that are totally misleading. He ruins the flow of the offense, guys stand around for too many possessions in a row. It's too much isolation basketball and he is a god damn sieve on defense.

Daryl Morey must have the willpower to overcome his allegiance to James Harden and do his fucking job.

Do not re-sign James Harden.
Trade Tobias Harris using Thybulle as bait.
Let Jordan & Millsap walk.
Trade Korkmaz for a 2nd or another team's disappointment.
Trade Green's expiring contract either in the offseason or let him ride the bench until the trade deadline.

Build the team around Embiid and Maxey with long, hyper athletic players. Build Milton into a Dinwiddie 6th man. Get Springer ready to play significant minutes, he needs to be the next Desmond Bane. Get Joe, Reed & Bassey ready for significant minutes.

Did I mention don't fucking re-sign James Harden unless it's a sign & trade to Portland or Utah. Find a team that is stuck behind the Suns & Warriors.
Right or wrong this is one to "hold the receipts on."

This isn't the team, next years team is the team.
BelmontShore
Site Admin

Post by BelmontShore »

It won't be if they re-sign Harden.

Listen. We've seen this movie before, and it's sequel. We saw this with Mutumbo. We saw this with Brand. Big money contracts paid to obviously declining players that wound up being an albatross around the neck of this franchise that they were never able to get out from under. The Brand Contract led directly to the need for The Process.

Re-sign Harden and you're beginning to go down the road to The Process: Part Two.
BelmontShore
Site Admin

Post by BelmontShore »

Captain Obvious wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 1:22 pm My favorite phrase is "Be careful what you wish for..."

To me, it's always hard to evaluate a player who is only here for a few games. Would like to give Harden a full season, but completely understand the frustration. There's a reason he has been bounced around the league a bit. I wouldn't be upset if he leaves, or stays.

I am starting to wonder, is it Embiid? I love the guy, but it seems maybe they can't find the right guys to fit him. I don't want to see him gone cause he is the man. Just strange he has been the center peice (so to speak) for 7 years now and they have yet to completely fill in around him. The guys they did get can't make it work.

Is it Doc? Last night to me looked like Doc is beginning to quit on this team, and possibly the team is quitting on him. I honestly think his days are numbered, or at least they should be. Can Sam Cassell be the man? Should've never got rid of Monty.

I am in for another "retool" around Joel. New coach, scheme, and some better peices that fit, but at some point Embiid is gonna get older, and that's going to be it.
It's definitely not Embiid. He's a deserving MVP candidate. He's done all he can. It is partially Rivers, he's stubborn and intractable, doesn't adjust in-game at all and it really comes into play against great coaches and in the playoffs.

The main culprit is the roster. It's thin, short, slow and unathletic across the board. There are only 3 quick athletes that play minutes, Maxey, Thybulle & Reed, and only Maxey & Thybulle gets any real burn.
Captain Obvious

Post by Captain Obvious »

BelmontShore wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:35 pm
Captain Obvious wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 1:22 pm My favorite phrase is "Be careful what you wish for..."

It's definitely not Embiid. He's a deserving MVP candidate. He's done all he can. It is partially Rivers, he's stubborn and intractable, doesn't adjust in-game at all and it really comes into play against great coaches and in the playoffs.

The main culprit is the roster. It's thin, short, slow and unathletic across the board. There are only 3 quick athletes that play minutes, Maxey, Thybulle & Reed, and only Maxey & Thybulle gets any real burn.
Yeah i'm with you there and don't think it's Embiid either. I just wonder how many more years of retooling and such does he get frustrated and want to move on?
headclown

Post by headclown »

Problem is, next year is a player option....isn't it. Given how he has played, and he will be paid $45M, you would think Harden will take the safe money. I cannot imagine ANY team would be paying him a super max contract at his age and his diminished quickness
BelmontShore
Site Admin

Post by BelmontShore »

Captain Obvious wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 5:59 pm
Yeah i'm with you there and don't think it's Embiid either. I just wonder how many more years of retooling and such does he get frustrated and want to move on?
This is what I warned about when they fucked over Hinkie. 1st would be Simmons, then it would be Embiid. They now have 2 more years, when Embiid turns 30, after that season, if they don't get this straightened out.
Vegas Eagle Fan

Post by Vegas Eagle Fan »

I agree on not resigning Harden and I like what I see when Embid and Harden are both out of the lineup. The problem is the team is built around Embid and he is not going to be able to play at a prolonged fast pace. Can he improve further on his conditioning? Maybe, but I wouldn't bet my life on it. Not sure if it's possible but why not institute both versions of the offense into the game. Personally, I don't think Doc would even try it unless it's for a full game. Also, what is the deal with Docs love for Milton but not so much for Reed?
BelmontShore
Site Admin

Post by BelmontShore »

Vegas Eagle Fan wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:08 pm I agree on not resigning Harden and I like what I see when Embid and Harden are both out of the lineup. The problem is the team is built around Embid and he is not going to be able to play at a prolonged fast pace. Can he improve further on his conditioning? Maybe, but I wouldn't bet my life on it. Not sure if it's possible but why not institute both versions of the offense into the game. Personally, I don't think Doc would even try it unless it's for a full game. Also, what is the deal with Docs love for Milton but not so much for Reed?
He's fine.

Has less than nothing to do with Embiid.

Imagine thinking the problem with the team is that it's built around a unicorn big man who is one of the three best players on the planet.