FolesMVP09

Re: Philadelphia Phillies 2021 Offseason

Post by FolesMVP09 »

Bryce = Massive Winner
Deserves better than this crappy organization
headclown

Post by headclown »

There is a story out there that Jean Segura has scrubbed his Instagram of everything Phillies...any thoughts that this could be a prelude to him being traded? There are some thoughts out there that a Kimbrel/Segura trade would work for both teams.

Kimbrel and his inconsistency the past few years scares the crap out of me, but his arm still seems good and salaries are close.

I could see this happening in the next few days if true...Phillies did not want it to interfere with Harper MVP stuff.
FolesMVP09

Post by FolesMVP09 »

headclown wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:01 am There is a story out there that Jean Segura has scrubbed his Instagram of everything Phillies...any thoughts that this could be a prelude to him being traded? There are some thoughts out there that a Kimbrel/Segura trade would work for both teams.

Kimbrel and his inconsistency the past few years scares the crap out of me, but his arm still seems good and salaries are close.

I could see this happening in the next few days if true...Phillies did not want it to interfere with Harper MVP stuff.
I think Dombrowski will be open to trading almost anyone
I expect Segura to be traded.

Greasing the wheels for Cesar's return....
mrmountie

Post by mrmountie »

headclown wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:01 am There is a story out there that Jean Segura has scrubbed his Instagram of everything Phillies...any thoughts that this could be a prelude to him being traded? There are some thoughts out there that a Kimbrel/Segura trade would work for both teams.

Pass
headclown

Post by headclown »

So just for fun, lets say we trade Segura for Kimbrel....sign Neris and now your bullpen is essentially done.
Sign Schwarber for LF...not a good defender, but he will not cost a draft pick and has a good connection to new hitting coach
Stott is your SS
Resign Miller to be LH DH/back up everything
Vierling could be your RH hitter when you want to sit Schwarber against tough LHP

You still need a VERY good defensive CF...good hitter would be nice, but defense is a must
2nd base now has a hole
Still need to figure out what to do with Didi
Still need a 5th starter

So no matter which direction or how much money they spend, the Phillies have a crap ton of work to do.
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

I don't have enough confidence in the front office to fill the holes that already exist.
Adding the hole that would be created by Segura's departure is a bridge too far IMO.

Also, I'll put this out there again: I've seen some folks (not here, necessarily) say the Phillies don't really need to add much to the rotation this winter, except maybe a #6 starter for depth. Wrong. They need a 2/3 caliber starting pitcher, someone like Stroman, hence my first sentence of this post.

Yes, a crap-ton of work to do.
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

Rotation:

Wheeler: Ace
Nola: I'm optimistic, but I think it's fair to plug a big ? here, regarding whether he'll pitch like a 1, 2, or 3.
Gibson: A #4 on a playoff team, aka a #3 on a Middleton team
Eflin: No indication when he'll be back and how he'll pitch when he returns
Suarez: Expectations high, of course. But how will he adjust when the league inevitably catches up to him? That will tell us where he falls between #2 and #5.
bigel57

Post by bigel57 »

Glad you guys figured it out. Missed the reads
awfulstack

Post by awfulstack »

BelmontShore wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:10 pmWut? Lol.
Byron Buxton :D
BelmontShore
Site Admin

Post by BelmontShore »

Yeah, I got it after. I went braindead there for a moment.