2022 NFL Draft - Round 2/3 4/29/22 7PM

Moderator: FolesMVP09

Ben Grimm

Re: 2022 NFL Draft - Round 2/3 4/29/22 7PM

Post by Ben Grimm »

Now I'm on Smoke Monday. Great name. Comes from a good program and loves to hit. Does he have holes in his game? Hell yeah, but who doesn't when we're getting into the late rounds?

"When all his teammates were opting out of their bowl game, Smoke opted in because he couldn't imagine not playing in an extra game. I want those kinds of guys on my field." -- Executive for NFC team

How can you not like the attitude?
Ben Grimm

Post by Ben Grimm »

headclown wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:45 pm I am not very versed in the 3-4 defense....what will that alignment look like for the Eagles, especially on the DL...does the smaller DEs become the LBers? And Fletch Williams and Hargrave become the DEs?
I've always been a fan of the 3-4, but the personnel on this team doesn't really fit that mold. To be good with it, you need two cleanout can't-miss-a-tackle interior LBs - sort of like how Pittsburgh & Tampa work theirs. The Eagles don't really have that and they simply don't value the interior LB positions high enough to go that route. I simply think they're looking at the future as they always keep the trenches fortified with depth and talent.

Even though they upgraded the LB position this year, both Riddick & Dean are better suited as blitzers and in pass-coverage over being true run stuffers. I like what they've done so far for the defense. It still needs a bit of work - especially in the secondary, but the secondary always looks better when you have a good pass-rush and that comes from keeping the trenches full of talent. It's how Andy did it and seems to be a lasting thing here which definitely is a positive in the long run.
Jamesj30t

Post by Jamesj30t »

Good but not great draft IMO. Still Howie is moving in the right direction with these drafts.