Moderator: sentinelhyder

awfulstack

The Philadelphia 76ers 2022 Off-Season Thread

Post by awfulstack »

Fire Doc Rivers.
headclown

Re: The Philadelphia 76ers 2022 Off-Season Thread

Post by headclown »

awfulstack wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:47 am Fire Doc Rivers.
I would consider a full overhaul....fire Morey too. Harden showed how much of a pussy he was tonight....he did nothing in the 2nd half of a must win.

Rivers has to go. How many 2nd halves for this team were a disaster, how many big leads did they lose. His refusal to develop kids. He gets no credit for Maxey IMO, he no choice there. This team played with no energy or hustle too much...the rebounding numbers showed that. And then the nail in his coffin is how he talks to us...he is an arrogant over-rated man who has racked up a lot of wins without substance

Now if Morey can figure out how to rid us of Toby and get us an athletic 3 or 4, then I am Ok with him staying.

We all know Harden is here next year...he is going to opt in, so....I guess you do the best you can
Captain Obvious

Post by Captain Obvious »

Doc isn't going anywhere.

51-31 this year, and were playing for the top seed in the East all year long.

No Embiid for 16 games, and two playoff games

The Simmons drama

No true second player to compliment Embiid till Harden got here. To do that, they had to trade out a dominant back up C, and arguably their second best scorer.

Your best player was probably at 50% for the second round.

I would be surprised if he did get let go.
Captain Obvious

Harden is staying too. They put too much into him to drop him so fast. They will give it a full year to make it work.
awfulstack

Post by awfulstack »

Doc is a goner. No way Morey isn’t going to want to pick his own coach at some point before.

Also Doc tonight lol

“Before I got here no one expected us to do anything”

They won 51 games the year before he got here, and won 51 this year.
Captain Obvious

Don't get me wrong. I wouldn't mind seeing Rivers gone. I am giving the reasons why he would not go.

If anything, the blame is equal on Morey as it is Doc. He depleted the roster a bit when they traded Simmons away.

I would blame Doc for not giving Reed, Joe, and Bassey more experience during the season which may or may have helped in the playoffs.

I know Bel has been screaming it last three years, and i agree with him. Athletic wing defenders...
awfulstack

Post by awfulstack »

The problem is unless they are 32 year old vets Doc would have sat them.

This is a team that was begging for a high energy, rebounding and running 5 that had one sitting on the bench all year because of Doc.

Charles Bassey looked good in the chances he got, the coach just didn’t want to play him.

The regular season is where you experiment and see what you have.

There never would have been a Robert Covington under Doc. That takes a patience and view of the big picture that he just simply refuses to see.
Buff

Post by Buff »

Fire Doc if you want.

Harden will be back, and hopefully healthy/in shape.

Rebuild the bench.

This is Morey's chance to actually build the team he wants, not the team he was tasked with fixing. Everything that was done since Morey got here was in preparation for this next season. This is it.
erik

Post by erik »

Am I crazy to be thinking that Reed should have gotten some PF minutes in this Miami series to bring some size, athleticism, and hustle for some boards. Could he have not played like 10 minutes there and move Tobias to SF for those minutes? I know Reed might have fouled out but maybe he would have brought some energy and some easy buckets.

I hate Doc. I hope he's fired later this morning. I'm not sure the Sixers are ever winning anything, but I KNOW they will not with Doc.

First thing to fix, the charmin soft exterior of this team.
awfulstack

Post by awfulstack »

erik wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 2:56 pm Am I crazy to be thinking that Reed should have gotten some PF minutes in this Miami series to bring some size, athleticism, and hustle for some boards. Could he have not played like 10 minutes there and move Tobias to SF for those minutes? I know Reed might have fouled out but maybe he would have brought some energy and some easy buckets.

I hate Doc. I hope he's fired later this morning. I'm not sure the Sixers are ever winning anything, but I KNOW they will not with Doc.

First thing to fix, the charmin soft exterior of this team.
Yes they badly needed energy, but the issue is they had no gameplan against the zone on offense, and Reed probably makes that tougher. But I would have loved some Joel and Paul minutes