2022 Eagles Offseason Discussion

Moderator: FolesMVP09

BelmontShore
Site Admin

Re: 2022 Eagles Offseason Discussion

Post by BelmontShore »

jrollin24 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 2:58 pm One of those deals where you wish you had more than 1 year - but wow- what a get by Howie.

Really is coming down to Jalen Hurts making the leap to bring this team to SB contender status.
The one year deal is just a cap manipulation. He gets him in under this year's cap. During the season, they will re-do the deal so they can spread future cap in this year, future in years, void years and opportunities to rework the deal to push cap further. All Roseman staples.

Looking at the FAs and trade he made, imagine being one of those who keeps trashing Howie for how he manages the cap.
Buff

Post by Buff »

BelmontShore wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 3:13 pm
jrollin24 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 2:58 pm One of those deals where you wish you had more than 1 year - but wow- what a get by Howie.

Really is coming down to Jalen Hurts making the leap to bring this team to SB contender status.
The one year deal is just a cap manipulation. He gets him in under this year's cap. During the season, they will re-do the deal so they can spread future cap in this year, future in years, void years and opportunities to rework the deal to push cap further. All Roseman staples.

Looking at the FAs and trade he made, imagine being one of those who keeps trashing Howie for how he manages the cap.

Or if he pulls an Asomugha, it's no harm no foul.
philly_curse

Post by philly_curse »

Kudos to Howie – this defense is really really rounding out. Now Gannon needs to put these tools into practice.
BelmontShore
Site Admin

Post by BelmontShore »

Now go get the disgruntled Cincinnati safety and you're done. You've got bodies and picks to do it. Cincinnati has a huge need on the OL, you can deal them Seumalo and a pick, that should get it done. Seumalo makes a fair chunk o' change so the cap numbers shouldn't be an issue. Seumalo would instantly start at either OG spot and improve their line.
headclown

Post by headclown »

BelmontShore wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 6:09 pm Now go get the disgruntled Cincinnati safety and you're done. You've got bodies and picks to do it. Cincinnati has a huge need on the OL, you can deal them Seumalo and a pick, that should get it done. Seumalo makes a fair chunk o' change so the cap numbers shouldn't be an issue. Seumalo would instantly start at either OG spot and improve their line.
That is not a bad idea, but doesn't Bates want a huge pay day? If not though, I think Epps will be fine. The other upgrades on defense should help the safeties be better.
headclown

Post by headclown »

I am sick and fucking tired of hearing all this Jalen Hurts bullshit. He is a young man that we should be proud of that he is the leader of our team. He will get better, will be be the best QB in all of football, probably not. But I would ask...all those great QBs, how many SBs have they won lately outside of Tom Brady?

All the pressure IMO is on 3 sets of people.

Nick and his offensive coaches. They have the talent, but play calling must be better than it was last year. But given this was his first year, there was more good than bad, so I have hope.

Gannon and his staff. I HATED Gannon and his scheme and lack of disguise...well no there is no more excuses...His defense is stacked, especially in the front 7 and at CB...safety is the only possible weakness IMO. Too many teams knew they were not going to see anything other then what the pre-snap read looked like. He must be more aggressive on down and distance, which in turn gives you turnovers and better field position

The Medical Staff. They need to be on their game...Injuries can derail any team
FolesMVP09

Post by FolesMVP09 »

headclown wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 6:33 pm I am sick and fucking tired of hearing all this Jalen Hurts bullshit. He is a young man that we should be proud of that he is the leader of our team. He will get better, will be be the best QB in all of football, probably not. But I would ask...all those great QBs, how many SBs have they won lately outside of Tom Brady?

All the pressure IMO is on 3 sets of people.

Nick and his offensive coaches. They have the talent, but play calling must be better than it was last year. But given this was his first year, there was more good than bad, so I have hope.

Gannon and his staff. I HATED Gannon and his scheme and lack of disguise...well no there is no more excuses...His defense is stacked, especially in the front 7 and at CB...safety is the only possible weakness IMO. Too many teams knew they were not going to see anything other then what the pre-snap read looked like. He must be more aggressive on down and distance, which in turn gives you turnovers and better field position

The Medical Staff. They need to be on their game...Injuries can derail any team
Defense should be better, not sure it is stacked, but if a lot of things go right, maybe you will be right. It may take a full season for the rookies to develop. I think an under-rated signing was Kyzir White LB - with him and Dean, Eagles could have their best LB core since the Trotter days

Gannon is a big worry

I think the mass majority of fans are rooting for Hurts and it is great that you are sold that he will be an above average QB. However a lot of people are not, but he will have the opportunity to prove them wrong. If he does, Eagles could win 11+, if not then they need a top 2 pick somehow for the 2023 draft
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

FolesMVP09 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 9:10 pm if not then they need a top 2 pick somehow for the 2023 draft

That would require the Saints and Eagles both winning 6 games or less. I don't see how you move into the Top 2 unless you have a pair of Top 10's to parlay.
BelmontShore
Site Admin

Post by BelmontShore »

Roseman has Bradberry's 2022 cap hit at $2.278m. Just an amazing job.
BelmontShore
Site Admin

Post by BelmontShore »

Field Yates:

[In typical Eagles form, James Bradberry’s deal includes four voidable years.

Signing bonus: $6.215M
Base salary: $1.035M
Incentives: Up to $2.5M

Bradberry carries a cap charge of just $2.278M for 2022 via this deal.]