FolesMVP09

Re: Philadelphia Phillies 2021 Offseason

Post by FolesMVP09 »

Phillies add an (injured) LH from the Astros org + 3 minor leaguers to the 40

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/11/ ... stros.html
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

The Phillies have acquired RHP Nick Nelson and C Donny Sands from the New York Yankees in exchange for LHP Joel Valdez and 1B T.J. Rumfield.
FolesMVP09

Post by FolesMVP09 »

Another marginal catcher acquired - Garrett Stubbs

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/11/ ... llies.html
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

If I had to guess at anything, the Phillies are setting themselves up at backup & Triple-A catcher in the event they use Marchan -- one of their guys who would actually interest other teams -- as a trade chip this offseason.
BelmontShore
Site Admin

Post by BelmontShore »

I wonder if they wanna see if Kingery can reclaim 2B.

They could always use Galvis at 2B, if needed.

I'm sure Mountie would love that SOOO very much. :mrgreen:
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

I mean, we'd ALL love it if Kingery bounces back, because it would be good news for the Phillies.

But it's not something they can or should plan on for 2022.

He was wretched even in the minors last year. He should probably play everyday at Triple-A to see if he finds his swing again, and then it's a bonus if they get anything from him as a utility guy in the second half.
headclown

Post by headclown »

If the Phillies were to trade Segura, they could have Galvis at 2nd. Obviously, he will not hit for the same average as Segura, but he will hit for more power. He will provide solid defense and we all know he is loved in the clubhouse. Oh and Freddy will cost you next to nothing.

CF
JT
Bryce
Rhys
Schwarber
Bohm
Miller for LHP Vierling for RHP as DH
Stott
Galvis

Will need that CFer to be a defensive minded guy who can get on base at decent clip.

This is not a "wish" list, but a list that I think is very realistic and allows you to add Kimbrel as a closer and grab a CF and starter.

Bohm is really key here. He MUST develop, we dont need 2020 numbers, but his defense must be better and we need .280 20 80 .340 OBP minimum
headclown

Post by headclown »

Oh and saying it now...if healthy, we will see all-star Aaron Nola next year....he will have an era around 3 or less...dont forget about him.
mrmountie

Post by mrmountie »

headclown wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:41 am If the Phillies were to trade Segura, they could have Galvis at 2nd. Obviously, he will not hit for the same average as Segura, but he will hit for more power. He will provide solid defense and we all know he is loved in the clubhouse. Oh and Freddy will cost you next to nothing.

CF
JT
Bryce
Rhys
Schwarber
Bohm
Miller for LHP Vierling for RHP as DH
Stott
Galvis

Will need that CFer to be a defensive minded guy who can get on base at decent clip.

This is not a "wish" list, but a list that I think is very realistic and allows you to add Kimbrel as a closer and grab a CF and starter.

Bohm is really key here. He MUST develop, we dont need 2020 numbers, but his defense must be better and we need .280 20 80 .340 OBP minimum
Yeah that line up blows.
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

Phillies taking with reliever Mychal Givens.

Because they need to add multiple arms and, more importantly, multiple big bats, I am OK if they don't throw big money at a "closer" (or, worse, trade Segura for one.) Let's add multiple quality arms to the pen and see how it all shakes out.