Phillies' 2022 GDT #43: 05/24/22 Phillies(20-22) @ Braves(19-23) - 7:20pm

Moderator: Christopher

mrmountie

Re: Phillies' 2022 GDT #42: 05/24/22 Phillies(20-22) @ Braves(19-23) - 7:20pm

Post by mrmountie »

Michael Jack wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 4:18 am
mrmountie wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 4:05 am Team would be so much better with Kapler
Give it up. He wasn't good here. He seems to have learned some things and he has a better support group in S.F., but everything fell into place for the Giants last year. It's not going as well this year. If you want Joe gone, I get it, but I don't think Gabe would have done any better in Philly. They probably should have hired Showalter instead, but I was fine with Joe. He had a good resume. The Phils problems go deeper than the manager. This team has been misconstructed.
Nah
BelmontShore
Site Admin

Post by BelmontShore »

mrmountie wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 4:05 am Team would be so much better with Kapler
Give it up. He wasn't good here. He seems to have learned some things and he has a better support group in S.F., but everything fell into place for the Giants last year. It's not going as well this year. If you want Joe gone, I get it, but I don't think Gabe would have done any better in Philly. They probably should have hired Showalter instead, but I was fine with Joe. He had a good resume. The Phils problems go deeper than the manager. This team has been misconstructed.
This is dumb. Really dumb.

Kapler had a better record with the Phillies, with a worse roster, than Girardi has with hundreds of millions of dollars spent on the roster. Kapler has a better record since joining the Giants than Girardi with a worse roster than Girardi has had.

Every single thing you wrote is horseshit.

Negadelphia always loves to diminish a whipping boy's success after they leave by claiming they "learned something", "matured", "developed" and "wouldn't have done it in a Philadelphia uniform". But the sad fact is, Negadelphia just isn't as smart and savvy as they think they are and they run people out of town who can actually play, coach or manage. Negadelphia is more concerned with whether someone is a "Philly guy" or not.

Dumbasses that they are.
Captain Obvious

Post by Captain Obvious »

BelmontShore wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 6:37 am
This is dumb. Really dumb.

Kapler had a better record with the Phillies, with a worse roster, than Girardi has with hundreds of millions of dollars spent on the roster. Kapler has a better record since joining the Giants than Girardi with a worse roster than Girardi has had.

Every single thing you wrote is horseshit.

Negadelphia always loves to diminish a whipping boy's success after they leave by claiming they "learned something", "matured", "developed" and "wouldn't have done it in a Philadelphia uniform". But the sad fact is, Negadelphia just isn't as smart and savvy as they think they are and they run people out of town who can actually play, coach or manage. Negadelphia is more concerned with whether someone is a "Philly guy" or not.

Dumbasses that they are.
What was Francona's excuse?
mrmountie

Re: Phillies' 2022 GDT #43: 05/24/22 Phillies(20-22) @ Braves(19-23) - 7:20pm

Post by mrmountie »

Girardi had an MVP and 2nd place Cy finisher and could only win 2 more games than Kapler with an Altherr/Williams platoon.
BelmontShore
Site Admin

Re: Phillies' 2022 GDT #43: 05/24/22 Phillies(20-22) @ Braves(19-23) - 7:20pm

Post by BelmontShore »

Kapler's winning percentage with the Phillies was .497, Girardi's is .491, going into tonight. Kaplern had much, much weaker roster.