The Joe Girardi Goodbye Thread

Moderator: Christopher

wrench248

Re: The Joe Girardi Goodbye Thread

Post by wrench248 »

headclown wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:02 am
wrench248 wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:40 pm Getting rid of Girardi is a small step in the right direction, but this organization has a long way to go before it becomes competitive again.
Wrong...sometime the simple moves are the right ones. Amazing how many of you have quit on your team after 50 games..shameful
Oh please, take your I’m a better fan belief and shove it up your ass.
mrmountie

Post by mrmountie »

awfulstack wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 12:44 pm
mrmountie wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:41 pm Given some of the quotes today I still feel the biggest problem with the team is Middleton.
Yeah not sure I agree. Maybe he is involved somewhat, but it feels to me like he has given a lot of rope to Dombrowski to do whatever he wants.

Also I have a tiny bit of faith still in Dombrowski. Not falling victim to Narr and firing Joe after a win, makes me think he is still thinking big picture and making sound decisions.

All the quotes from Bryce and Dombrowski, it’s clear they didn’t think Girardi was any good at connecting with his players
I don't mind Dombrowski, I think I'm just saying that it feels like everyone players and management were subtilty dancing on Joe's grave and I don't think it gets to that point if the owner isn't the one holding things up. Hopefully going forward he is giving Dave the rope.
mrmountie

Post by mrmountie »

Alex Coffey
@byalexcoffey
·
4h
Harper on the importance of playing younger guys: “The thing about Bryson is he’s got to play. He’s used to playing every day. From high school, to college, to minor league baseball, to now. He’s used to playing every day, and that’s what we’ve got to do for our young guys..."

Alex Coffey
@byalexcoffey
·
4h
"Our young guys have got to play. When you want your young guys to have success, they have to play everyday. And when they have those opportunities, I think they’re going to take full advantage of that. If that’s Bryson, if that’s Maton, if that’s Bohm-er or anybody else..."

Alex Coffey
@byalexcoffey
·
4h
Harper on Stott's walkoff home run: “I’m so happy for the kid, man. What an at-bat. What a situation for him. Being able to put our trust in our young guys the last couple days, and really let them just play… it’s been great. And it paid off today.”

This is pretty much what I was talking about. They fucking hated Girardi and letting that foster for as long as it did seems to have had an impact. So glad he's gone.
FolesMVP09

Post by FolesMVP09 »

Anyone miss Joe???

lol