Ben Simmons Rumor Season

Moderator: sentinelhyder

awfulstack

Re: Ben Simmons Rumor Season

Post by awfulstack »

Neubeck just wrote that the Sixers are “chuckling” at giving up more than Simmons because if Harden is unhappy and is going to leave, why shouldn’t they just wait.

No shot they add Maxey
sentinelhyder

Post by sentinelhyder »

also the Nets have a PG. Presumably by getting rid of ballhog Harden, they make Irving the primary ballhandler. what would they do with Maxey. He's not a 2.

all of the Simmons plus Maxey rumours are baloney.
BelmontShore
Site Admin

Post by BelmontShore »

Harden + Mills for Simmons + Curry?
BelmontShore
Site Admin

Post by BelmontShore »

Christopher wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:45 pm
BelmontShore wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:42 pm
Christopher wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:38 pm The plan would be to take two title shots with Harden and not re-sign him after the 2023 playoffs, right?
Right??
Man, that's a dangerous game to play because there would be no assets left, nothing but Embiid and you're hoping you can convince people to come to Philadelphia, which has never, ever been a destination city.
My point is that I don't want to give Harden a 4/180 extension at age 34. I'd rather take my shot elsewhere in free agency after 2023, I think.
Yup.
BelmontShore
Site Admin

Post by BelmontShore »

awfulstack wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:24 pm
BelmontShore wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:43 pm If they trade Maxey, I may boycott.

Hell, I may have to come back to the city and visit some folks.
Don’t think Maxey goes.

Maxey is the hedge against a Harden step back.

Thibking Thybulle might go.
That team can't win. Zero defense. So slow. No athleticism. Watch the Nets' play, it's God awful basketball with guys taking turns in isolation or Harden throwing lobs. Embiid is not big on lobs.
FolesMVP09

Post by FolesMVP09 »

Harden will turn into a Derrick Coleman like albatross

They will not go to the finals with him
adamcru

Post by adamcru »

It’s weird because I don’t understand Morey’s laser like fascination with James Harden. But at the same time, it’s clear that Ben Simmons is never going to play for the Sixers again. So why not try to add a piece that could move the team forward?

Only way I do it is Harden for Simmons straight up. No way I give up anything more. We all know Harden doesn’t want to be in NJ any more so no reason to overlay.
headclown

Post by headclown »

adamcru wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:25 am It’s weird because I don’t understand Morey’s laser like fascination with James Harden. But at the same time, it’s clear that Ben Simmons is never going to play for the Sixers again. So why not try to add a piece that could move the team forward?

Only way I do it is Harden for Simmons straight up. No way I give up anything more. We all know Harden doesn’t want to be in NJ any more so no reason to overlay.
You have to include someone else, the salaries need to match and Simmons Harden, dont match.

I dont want Harden, but I also dont want to do nothing...I would send Simmons and Curry to the Nets. I just dont want to lose Maxey and Thybulle
awfulstack

Post by awfulstack »

Thybulle isn’t that valuable.

Like he has no made no real jump on offense. Without that he is at best the 7th guy in your lineup.

Huge gulf between Maxey and Thybulle.
awfulstack

Post by awfulstack »

If they are going to get Harden, I would think the next moves are shipping out Korkmaz/Curry for different type of role players.