2024 Eagles Offseason Thread - Smith Extension(4/15/24)

Moderator: FolesMVP09

Captain Obvious

2024 Eagles Offseason Thread - Smith Extension(4/15/24)

Post by Captain Obvious »

Starts with Jason Kelce retiring.
Christopher

Re: 2024 Eagles Offseason Thread

Post by Christopher »

Today would be a good day for the Phillies to sign someone, anyone.
Vegas Eagle Fan

Post by Vegas Eagle Fan »

What's taking so long to get rid of this coaching group?
ConnieMack

Post by ConnieMack »

Vegas Eagle Fan wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:29 pm What's taking so long to get rid of this coaching group?
I don't think Sirianni goes.

Lurie isn't going to do a complete 100 % teardown of the coaching staff just yet.

Both Coordinators, QB coach and Defensive coaches will be gone.

It's gonna take a few days for Lurie/Roseman/Sirianni to come up with capable, experienced Offensive and Defensive Cooordinator prospects.

Until then, we won't here anything on the coaching staff.

Hurts is a top 12 QB in the league, but a top 3-5 With a creative Offensive Coordinator, the film is there for the naysayers.

From last year to this abomination of a season with no creativity to the Offensive scheme.

Steichen game planned last season for Hurts, this year, the game plan was throw deep and hope. Hurts strength isn't the deep ball, not that He can't, but his arm strenght isn't top 5 which led to some of his INT, receivers having to slow down and wait for the ball, giving Dbacks that split second needed to make up ground.

Reminds me of the first few years of Randall Cunningham again, no offensice schemes to take advantage of Cunninghmas talents.

Lurie is going to bring in someone with experience running mutiple schemes, who can run motion plays to take advantage of our two number one receivers. I think He takes the play calling ability out of Siriannis hands.

Defensivley, teams a mess. They need to hit big time on at least on LB and Corner. Can't bring Bradberry back, no matter the cap hit. Extend him out if need be and push the cap hit out over multiple years.

New D coordinator has to be someone who can dial up some blitz packages to force turnovers, going to take a couple years to rebuild this defense into a championship caliber one.
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

Agree. I think Sirianni stays, but is on a short lease. He probably won't get final say on new coordinator hires -- if there's a difference of opinion, Howie/Lurie will win out. He may be told to keep his hands off playcalling.
sentinelhyder

Post by sentinelhyder »

i was surprised at the player endorsements Siranni got. Hurts' was sorta lukewarm and his should be the most important.
Vegas Eagle Fan

Post by Vegas Eagle Fan »

sentinelhyder

Post by sentinelhyder »

good article.

i think hurts' knee affected his willingness to run.
BelmontShore
Site Admin

Post by BelmontShore »

People need to understand the bias and agendas of too many of these articles and "reports". There is contradictory details, there are exaggerations,.there are personal agendas, there is also the mandate from organizations that deliberately push QB controversy because it sells.

WIP is the worst, but there are reporters like Hayes, McLane and SanFil where this is the only thing they focus on. When do any of them have anything to say that is game/sport related.
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

Eagles interviewing Ron Rivera for defensive coordinator

And it looks like Brian Johnson is definitely not returning.