The 2022 Trade Deadline - 3pm

Moderator: sentinelhyder

erik

Re: The 2022 Trade Deadline - 3pm

Post by erik »

I'm hopeful Harden figures out he actually has to start working to stay in shape. I know folks were writing off Chris Paul a few years back, and look at him now. But Harden will definitely need a solid off season game plan better than what the last few have looked like.
headclown

Post by headclown »

Looks like Harden is not playing tonight....not going to lie, kind of disappointed. But we have a back to back with Cleveland tomorrow night, so perhaps that is the target. Either way, Sixers have 3 very tough games before the all-star break...and with losing 3 of the last 4, every game is important if they want finish with one of the best records in the conference.

But probably more important, you really want this new team to get off to a really good start.
Buff

Post by Buff »

headclown wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:28 pm Looks like Harden is not playing tonight....not going to lie, kind of disappointed. But we have a back to back with Cleveland tomorrow night, so perhaps that is the target. Either way, Sixers have 3 very tough games before the all-star break...and with losing 3 of the last 4, every game is important if they want finish with one of the best records in the conference.

But probably more important, you really want this new team to get off to a really good start.
Have read he won't play at all this weekend, and possibly not before the All-Star break.
Buff

Post by Buff »

Also, Kyle Neubeck is reporting that Harden did NOT opt in to his player option for next year. Now that goes against what others have reported so...

Couldn't be a franchise altering Sixers trade without some drama, eh?
headclown

Post by headclown »

liking the deal less and less if this is all correct. The Sixers need him out there sooner rather than later. Without him, you could see the Sixers lose 3 of the next 4 games and that would 2-6 in the 8 games before the break...not exactly awe inspiring.

Him opting into next year was HUGE IMO, because one of the many reasons I wanted no part of Harden is having to pay him all that money after only getting him for 20+ games this year. So hopefully this information is incorrect and he DID opt in.
FolesMVP09

Post by FolesMVP09 »

headclown wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:34 pm liking the deal less and less if this is all correct. The Sixers need him out there sooner rather than later. Without him, you could see the Sixers lose 3 of the next 4 games and that would 2-6 in the 8 games before the break...not exactly awe inspiring.

Him opting into next year was HUGE IMO, because one of the many reasons I wanted no part of Harden is having to pay him all that money after only getting him for 20+ games this year. So hopefully this information is incorrect and he DID opt in.
If he plays in more than 2/3 of the games -I'd be shocked
BelmontShore
Site Admin

Post by BelmontShore »

Been reading and hearing some disturbing things about Harden's behavior as a Net and Rocket. Not good. Don't know how that's gonna gel with this team's tight bond. There's bound to be some culture shock that will have to be negotiated.

Harden is gonna have to prove he's committed to the hard work it takes to win.
FolesMVP09

Post by FolesMVP09 »

BelmontShore wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:28 pm Been reading and hearing some disturbing things about Harden's behavior as a Net and Rocket. Not good. Don't know how that's gonna gel with this team's tight bond. There's bound to be some culture shock that will have to be negotiated.

Harden is gonna have to prove he's committed to the hard work it takes to win.
I expect this to be a disaster - so I have a low threshold for my expectations to be exceeded
BelmontShore
Site Admin

Post by BelmontShore »

Oh, man.

This article is actually a nightmare of foreboding.
_20220212_005108.JPG
_20220212_005108.JPG (226.81 KiB) Viewed 1451 times
BelmontShore
Site Admin

Post by BelmontShore »

I wouldn't mind a Derek Favors as a backup center if OKC buys him out.