The 2022 Trade Deadline - 3pm

Moderator: sentinelhyder

BelmontShore
Site Admin

Re: The 2022 Trade Deadline - 3pm

Post by BelmontShore »

awfulstack wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:32 am Lol @ Joel’s tweet.

If you had any question about how he feels about Ben
Quite frankly, I was kind of surprised by the level of violence of his public reaction.
BelmontShore
Site Admin

Post by BelmontShore »

Buff wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:50 am It's a meme that was originally captioned with the following. "I stopped by one of my biggest haters funeral today. Just to make sure that *guy* was dead. #RIPBozo #DieHatersDie*
Thankfully, Joel chose to crop the picture to exclude that caption. And, Buff, thank you for choosing a different word than the meme itself uses.

I will say this, Joel and some others had best be careful about too much public celebrating.and trashing Ben. Ben has the capability to wreck you and the 76ers have no one even remotely capable of handling him physically or athletically. They had better hope Ben is still compromised.

Who is gonna guard Ben Simmons for the 76ers? Harden? Harris? Be careful what you wish for. Embracing the villain role could help him channel his anxiety, using the slights as motivation.
awfulstack

Post by awfulstack »

BelmontShore wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:01 am
Buff wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:50 am It's a meme that was originally captioned with the following. "I stopped by one of my biggest haters funeral today. Just to make sure that *guy* was dead. #RIPBozo #DieHatersDie*
Thankfully, Joel chose to crop the picture to exclude that caption. And, Buff, thank you for choosing a different word than the meme itself uses.

I will say this, Joel and some others had best be careful about too much public celebrating.and trashing Ben. Ben has the capability to wreck you and the 76ers have no one even remotely capable of handling him physically or athletically. They had better hope Ben is still compromised.

Who is gonna guard Ben Simmons for the 76ers? Harden? Harris? Be careful what you wish for. Embracing the villain role could help him channel his anxiety, using the slights as motivation.
I actually think Joel might be the matchup for him? Guys who have the strength to stop his drive at the free throw line. So maybe Tobias? Not sure though.

Also JJ Redick has been liking a bunch of tweets saying he should come back for another run with the Sixers. Might help replace some of the Curry shooting void.
awfulstack

Post by awfulstack »

Also they will miss Curry’s shooting, but Harden when locked in is a better defender.

Teams PnR the Sixers to death last year seeking out Seth on D.
jrollin24

Post by jrollin24 »

Again, not a Harden guy here, but there's been a massive undervalue out there on what he brings. He nearly beat the greatest team ever assembled (Curry/KD) and has an extremely good basketball IQ. Assuming you get the "hungry" Harden, he's the star you wanted the process to deliver all along to pair with Embiid.

Honestly, more worried about Doc actually managing rotations properly. One would think if you have Harden out there for some of the Embiid bench time, those glaring +/- previous playoff runs with Joel off the floor go away.
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

The reality is also that the Harden who almost took out Golden State was 28.
He'll be 33 this summer.
There's a window this year and next, but 76ers have to be quick and aggressive to get through it.
Buff

Post by Buff »

Harden can create and hit a shot in the clutch. Other than Joel we did not have this player on the team before. How many times have we seen this team take a terrible shot late in a game because they couldn't create? How many times did Embiid have to try and play hero ball to save something? He's exactly what we need in the clutch. You can't double both him and Embiid.
erik

Post by erik »

BelmontShore wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:01 am Thankfully, Joel chose to crop the picture to exclude that caption. And, Buff, thank you for choosing a different word than the meme itself uses.

I had a bunch of login problems so have been just lurking even more than normal. Finally figured out the correct password.

Anyway, I sincerely hope Ben turns himself into the player we all thought he would be. I'm too old to "hate" a young man because he did not fulfill my/our hopes.

But do we really need to worry about who is going to guard Ben at this point? Maybe regular season Ben. Until he proves though that he is dangerous on the offense end when the game slows down in the playoffs, does it matter? The Sixers will do to the Nets what other teams did to us. Maybe with Kyrie and Durant, they will make it easier for him to get easy baskets. And then the fouling starts.

He's definitely going to be a pain in the ass defensively and getting them out in transition. But even that slows down in the playoffs.
jrollin24

Post by jrollin24 »

Christopher wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:52 pm The reality is also that the Harden who almost took out Golden State was 28.
He'll be 33 this summer.
There's a window this year and next, but 76ers have to be quick and aggressive to get through it.
The reality is - they had no other choice but to snag this window now with Embiid at 28 playing at a MVP level with an unknown shelf life. Perhaps if you had Tatum instead of Fultz, or found a way to keep Butler, you aren't having the conversation around Harden and shelf life.

The worst thing they could have done is continued to play "ball" with Simmons and wasted this and next year without a big asset coming to help Joel. You basically would have let the Process bleed out to its final death. Lillard doesn't want to leave Portland, and Beal is hurt for the year. At least the last chess piece in the Process nets you a realistic chance to bring a title to this city.
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

jrollin24 wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:26 pm
Christopher wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:52 pm The reality is also that the Harden who almost took out Golden State was 28.
He'll be 33 this summer.
The reality is - they had no other choice but to snag this window now with Embiid at 28 playing at a MVP level with an unknown shelf life. Perhaps if you had Tatum instead of Fultz, or found a way to keep Butler, you aren't having the conversation around Harden and shelf life.

The worst thing they could have done is continued to play "ball" with Simmons and wasted this and next year without a big asset coming to help Joel. You basically would have let the Process bleed out to its final death. Lillard doesn't want to leave Portland, and Beal is hurt for the year. At least the last chess piece in the Process nets you a realistic chance to bring a title to this city.
Fully agree. Had to make this trade and take this shot right now and next year.
Just cautioning that Harden is a very very good player, but he's also past peak. Way better than what we had, and I think you will still get superhero playoff games out of him. But he ain't 28.