2021 General Eagles Discussion

Moderator: FolesMVP09

awfulstack

Re: 2021 General Eagles Discussion

Post by awfulstack »

Eagles should trade one of those firsts and grab an extra first for next year.
ConnieMack

Post by ConnieMack »

Captain Obvious wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:16 pm
headclown wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:51 pm
ConnieMack wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:10 pm Not many true #1 WR under 30 will be free agents in 2022.
Here's the best of the bunch and their playing age for next season :

1 . Davante Adams, Packers - 29

2. Chris Godwin, Buccaneers - 26

3. Allen Robinson, Bears - 28

4. Mike Williams, Chargers 28

5. JuJu Smith-Schuster, Steelers - 28
Would have loved Godwin, but he tore his ACL this week....of this group Robinson and Williams would be my choices.....ZERO interest in JuJu
A low risk high reward guy would be Will Fuller. Who is coming off injury as well.
Fuller has the talent, but like Miles Sanders, he's always hurt.

In his 6 NFL seasons He has missed 42 games, and at age 28 next season, can you really count on him ?

If he was really cheap I'd take him, but rather spend money on a healthier, bigger Wideout.
Captain Obvious

Post by Captain Obvious »

ConnieMack wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:32 am
Captain Obvious wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:16 pm
headclown wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:51 pm
Would have loved Godwin, but he tore his ACL this week....of this group Robinson and Williams would be my choices.....ZERO interest in JuJu
A low risk high reward guy would be Will Fuller. Who is coming off injury as well.
Fuller has the talent, but like Miles Sanders, he's always hurt.

In his 6 NFL seasons He has missed 42 games, and at age 28 next season, can you really count on him ?

If he was really cheap I'd take him, but rather spend money on a healthier, bigger Wideout.
Agreed. If he is cheap it's worth a shot.
adamcru

Post by adamcru »

awfulstack wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:09 am Eagles should trade one of those firsts and grab an extra first for next year.
Disagree. While Dallas has improved, they don't look like world beaters. Add 3 first round picks to this roster and we could be competing with Dallas and winning the NFC east for the next few years. Once you're in the playoffs, who knows....
The Poster

Post by The Poster »

Watched Michigan/Georgia yesterday. A Hutchinson was a disappointment. J Sayler (projected as a probable 2nd day or early 3rd day pick) handled him easily. N Dean was impactful.
Jamesj30t

Post by Jamesj30t »

adamcru wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:51 pm
awfulstack wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:09 am Eagles should trade one of those firsts and grab an extra first for next year.
Disagree. While Dallas has improved, they don't look like world beaters. Add 3 first round picks to this roster and we could be competing with Dallas and winning the NFC east for the next few years. Once you're in the playoffs, who knows....
The issue is the QB situation. While Jalen Hurts has done enough to earn another year at the QB spot can we say he has done enough
to be annoited the franchise QB. The Eagles will need to trade one of those 1st round picks forward to have more ammo to get a
QB in 2023 draft if it is necessary.
Jamesj30t

Post by Jamesj30t »

Decent video reviewing the moves made by Howie that have led to a playoff birth for the Eagles.
To the me the top moves were signing the 2 corners (Clay, Nelson) and drafting Dickerson.
Dickerson has quietly become one of our best and healtheist Olinemen. Dickerson has out lasted Brooks, Driscoll
and Samaelo from a health point of view. Dickerson has also played well and solidified the left side of the Oline.
Probably will draft another Center unless they give it to Samaelo and leave Dickerson at guard.

7 Moves That Lead To Eagles Playoff Turnaround | Howie Roseman Loved By Philly Again? | JAKIB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_poI_HYZ7Vo
sentinelhyder

Post by sentinelhyder »

Didn't watch the video but agree Roseman deserves credit. IMO Sirianni's change of philosophy on offense and their easy schedule/facing junk QB's had a lot to more to do with it.
phtown

Post by phtown »

Agreed. This is not a talented roster. I'm excited to see what they can accomplish but I have my doubts.
jrollin24

Post by jrollin24 »

So much talk about the schedule, and fans forget some of the quarterbacks the Eagles faced in the SB year..

Dinosaurs Palmer and Eli, Beathard, Osweiler, Trubisky, oh, and Case Keenum in the championship game.

Think people just need to take a step back and feel refreshed with how this team has established an identity, while Hurts looks like he could have a McNabb career arc, which, coupled with the best offensive line in football, ain't too shabby. You basically go into that 1st round playoff game just like McNabb and the Birds felt in 2000 against the Giants and 2001 in the NFCCG against the Rams. Try to keep it close, get the experience, and see where 60 minutes takes you.

Just enjoy the ride.