Sixers 2021-2022 season discussion

Moderator: sentinelhyder

headclown

Re: Sixers 2021-2022 season discussion

Post by headclown »

Curious what everyones thoughts are on Shake versus Maxey?

Personally I love both of these guys and I think they are inner changable. Shake can start at PG or come off the bench....he can also play the 2 or 3. Maxey can play the 1 or 2 and can start or come off the bench.
Captain Obvious

Post by Captain Obvious »

headclown wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:27 pm Ben is not coming back, with that being said the Sixers need to make a move this month IMO. The pacers seem to be ready to move on from some of their players. What about something around Myles Turner? He only makes 18M, so other assets will have to be included...You could have him play the 4 and move Toby to the 3. It greatly increases you defense and rebounding...He can also give you minutes at Center when Joel misses games and then have Drummond come off the bench.

Turner
LeVert
Pick

for Ben
some lower level bench guy
Before Ben goes anywhere they are going to want to make sure his head is right.

I am not sure what the haul back will be, but i am assuming it is less than what everyone is thinking.
headclown

Post by headclown »

His head gets right if he gets traded to where he wants to be traded, anything else is up for debate
The Poster

Post by The Poster »

In a BS trade don't we find the 76ers best served by finding a SF? If the Pels would consider trading B Ingram that's who I would want back. But that might be a big reach. All of the proposed (speculated) pieces have some moderate to significant drawbacks. B Ingram has the fewest IMO. But I satnd to be corrected/enlightened.
headclown

Post by headclown »

I truly wonder what the Sixers will do with their roster if they trade Ben for 1 or 2 player and give up nothing but him. Currently they have a full 10 man rotation with Joe sometimes getting in there too. Assuming you are getting a starter for Ben, who sits? Most eligible is Green, but that requires the Sixers getting a 3 or 4 start in a trade. Now I guess you could get a pure PG, but you have a glut of guards on this team already.

Regardless of what happens, it needs to happen here in December, either Ben coming back (about a 1% chance of that) or make a trade. Tired of seeing this team play without a complete roster.
sentinelhyder

Post by sentinelhyder »

Pacers talent is more in line with the Sixers timetable. Embiid isnt getting younger. He's getting back to monster form. you need win now guys.
headclown

Post by headclown »

There is starting to get a little smoke in the Ben Simmons trade talks...I sure hope something is done before Christmas. The next 4 games are very tough and the Sixers could be looking at a .500 record or worse. Still tons of time to get the ship righted, but you dont want to be in a situation where you are a play-in team
sentinelhyder

Post by sentinelhyder »

i think something will be done by the 15th, the day a lot of guys become eligible to be traded. I also think itll be a three team deal with the Sixers getting a good player but not a top 25 guy.
headclown

Post by headclown »

Jerami Grant out at least the next 6 weeks with damage to the ligaments of his thumb, scratch him off the immediate list
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

Just say no to the Westbrook-for-Simmons nonsense.