2022 Around MLB general thread

Moderator: Christopher

Christopher
Posts: 1831
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:18 pm

Re: 2022 Around MLB general thread

Post by Christopher »

I think the bigger bases is a combination of:
-- they're safer (fewer injuries)
-- boost stolen bases (which fans want, for excitement)
-- boost run scoring
Lipschitz
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:27 am

Re: 2022 Around MLB general thread

Post by Lipschitz »

Is anyone buying that Pujols has found the fountain of youth at, probably age 44, and his final season?
Christopher
Posts: 1831
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:18 pm

Re: 2022 Around MLB general thread

Post by Christopher »

I think they're using him well, he has better lineup protection, and getting to #700 is awfully big motivation.
His numbers are not hugely dissimilar to what he did last year
Christopher
Posts: 1831
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:18 pm

Re: 2022 Around MLB general thread

Post by Christopher »

I don't think it's bad karma to post this:

Was browsing an article about the Giants' offseason plans and it talked about their interest in Trea Turner. But then it went on to say that it's generally believed that Turner prefers the East Coast and has an interest in the Phillies, who intend to make him their top offseason target. I know we've heard this before, but no one yet seems to be debunking it.
FolesMVP09
Posts: 2486
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:55 pm

Re: 2022 Around MLB general thread

Post by FolesMVP09 »

Christopher wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:04 pm I don't think it's bad karma to post this:

Was browsing an article about the Giants' offseason plans and it talked about their interest in Trea Turner. But then it went on to say that it's generally believed that Turner prefers the East Coast and has an interest in the Phillies, who intend to make him their top offseason target. I know we've heard this before, but no one yet seems to be debunking it.
If the Phils lose to the Braves it is 100% on your now ;)
Christopher
Posts: 1831
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:18 pm

Re: 2022 Around MLB general thread

Post by Christopher »

FolesMVP09 wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:36 pm
Christopher wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:04 pm I don't think it's bad karma to post this:

Was browsing an article about the Giants' offseason plans and it talked about their interest in Trea Turner. But then it went on to say that it's generally believed that Turner prefers the East Coast and has an interest in the Phillies, who intend to make him their top offseason target. I know we've heard this before, but no one yet seems to be debunking it.
If the Phils lose to the Braves it is 100% on your now ;)
Nah, I'm blaming your Padres-rooting if we lose. :)
FolesMVP09
Posts: 2486
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:55 pm

Re: 2022 Around MLB general thread

Post by FolesMVP09 »

Christopher wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:37 pm
FolesMVP09 wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:36 pm
Christopher wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:04 pm I don't think it's bad karma to post this:

Was browsing an article about the Giants' offseason plans and it talked about their interest in Trea Turner. But then it went on to say that it's generally believed that Turner prefers the East Coast and has an interest in the Phillies, who intend to make him their top offseason target. I know we've heard this before, but no one yet seems to be debunking it.
If the Phils lose to the Braves it is 100% on your now ;)
Nah, I'm blaming your Padres-rooting if we lose. :)
When Musgrove shuts us out 1-0 in game 7 of the NLCS, I will be regretting that.....
Christopher
Posts: 1831
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:18 pm

Re: 2022 Around MLB general thread

Post by Christopher »

FolesMVP09 wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:39 pm
Christopher wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:37 pm
FolesMVP09 wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:36 pm

If the Phils lose to the Braves it is 100% on your now ;)
Nah, I'm blaming your Padres-rooting if we lose. :)
When Musgrove shuts us out 1-0 in game 7 of the NLCS, I will be regretting that.....
[Almost types something. Thinks better.]
wrench248
Posts: 700
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:54 pm

Re: 2022 Around MLB general thread

Post by wrench248 »

Mariners are up 4-0 over the Astros in the second inning.

Verlander being hit
wrench248
Posts: 700
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:54 pm

Re: 2022 Around MLB general thread

Post by wrench248 »

Mariners now up 6-2
Post Reply