The Joe Girardi Goodbye Thread

Moderator: Christopher

BelmontShore
Site Admin

The Joe Girardi Goodbye Thread

Post by BelmontShore »

An idea whose time has come.

I've never seen a coach or manager who so regularly steals momentum from his own team and players by sitting hot hitters the very next day after a great hitting day or two.
Captain Obvious

Re: The Joe Girardi Watch

Post by Captain Obvious »

Someone else said this in the GDT.

Phillies are too loyal to people. They won't let him go till about August when it's too late, or end of year.
headclown

Post by headclown »

He was getting killed on the morning show today. I thought it was funny, they were mentioning all the topics I was mentioning in the GDT and more. I do agree though that the roster construction this year has not helped his cause, especially for a guy like Girardi that simply can not help himself.
The Phils should have dumped Didi for a bag of balls, eating 90% of the money. They should not have signed Schwarber...he eliminates so many options this team has now and for the next few years.

His handling of Bohm and CF this year and last, his lack of feel for his starting pitchers is ridiculous and his choices in the bullpen are laughable. But for me, his teams just dont seem prepared and they look dead most time while playing
Michael Jack

Post by Michael Jack »

I don't always agree with Joe, but what manager could have handled CF with the same personnel?
mrmountie

Post by mrmountie »

headclown wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:05 pm They should not have signed Schwarber...he eliminates so many options this team has now and for the next few years.
"Lol"
headclown

Post by headclown »

mrmountie wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:40 pm
headclown wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:05 pm They should not have signed Schwarber...he eliminates so many options this team has now and for the next few years.
"Lol"
It's not that I dont like the signing...I just am concerned on the construction of the roster and how your corner OF/DH are full with no room for kids, should 1 become worthy
phtown

Post by phtown »

Captain Obvious wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:19 pm Someone else said this in the GDT.

Phillies are too loyal to people. They won't let him go till about August when it's too late, or end of year.
They don't let them go at all. Phil's managers and GMs have jobs for life in this organization. Sure they can leave and fail elsewhere but they know they have a cushy chair waiting for them back in Philly.
BelmontShore
Site Admin

Post by BelmontShore »

Michael Jack wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:51 pm I don't always agree with Joe, but what manager could have handled CF with the same personnel?
My issue isn't CF.
FolesMVP09

Post by FolesMVP09 »

Besides Wathan & Thompson, Polanco & Ibanez mentioned as possible replacements

https://www.si.com/mlb/phillies/opinion ... ors-gossip
FolesMVP09

Post by FolesMVP09 »

I thought that they would give him 40 games

I think he is fired next Thursday if they don't have a good homestand