The Joe Girardi Goodbye Thread

Moderator: Christopher

Christopher

Re: The Joe Girardi Watch

Post by Christopher »

The reason this whole thing is depressing is because it's probably 75% likely that they'd replace Girardi with Dusty Wathan for the rest of the season, so who even gives a hoot?
FolesMVP09

Post by FolesMVP09 »

Fire Joe
headclown

Post by headclown »

Hire Raul Ibanez!
Michael Jack

Post by Michael Jack »

headclown wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:05 pm He was getting killed on the morning show today. I thought it was funny, they were mentioning all the topics I was mentioning in the GDT and more. I do agree though that the roster construction this year has not helped his cause, especially for a guy like Girardi that simply can not help himself.
The Phils should have dumped Didi for a bag of balls, eating 90% of the money. They should not have signed Schwarber...he eliminates so many options this team has now and for the next few years.

His handling of Bohm and CF this year and last, his lack of feel for his starting pitchers is ridiculous and his choices in the bullpen are laughable. But for me, his teams just dont seem prepared and they look dead most time while playing
The Phillies did what they could with what was left --- and everyone was excited when they signed Schwarber and Castellanos. I'm not giving up on them yet, either. The thing is, the Mets were ready and pounced on Marte and Cahna. I like Schwarber, but who would you rather have him or Marte for the same money? Also, a winning team needs to be strong up the middle. JT and Segura are above average, but no one they have placed in SS in CF since they had Rollins and Victorino has even been close to average. Plus, Hoskins is absolutely terrible at 1B. You can't just put anyone there. A 1B is involved in too many plays. The team was misconstructed and it's mostly the fault of the scouting and development, going all the way back to the Amaro JR days. Instead of finding good young arms and developing them, you know, the way winning teams do, they continue to overpay for washed up, used to be good, relievers. Despite all the money they've spent and all the talent they've bought, this team is not built to win. I think they need a shakeup. I've always defended Girardi, but I can't do it anymore. I think he's lost the team, but no manager is going to succeed here until they change the makeup of the team. They need to make a big trade.
Michael Jack

Post by Michael Jack »

Christopher wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 5:12 pm The reason this whole thing is depressing is because it's probably 75% likely that they'd replace Girardi with Dusty Wathan for the rest of the season, so who even gives a hoot?
Yes, that won't change a thing.
mrmountie

Post by mrmountie »

Fire Joe.
FolesMVP09

Post by FolesMVP09 »

The firing needs to happen tomorrow. Otherwise, they are telling the fans that they are giving up on the season

Keeping my fingers crossed
FolesMVP09

Post by FolesMVP09 »

Fire Joe
Fire Joe
Fire Joe
Fire Joe
Fire Joe
Fire Joe
Fire Joe
Fire Joe
Fire Joe
Fire Joe
Fire Joe
Fire Joe
Fire Joe
Fire Joe
Fire Joe
Fire Joe
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

LOL at the Phillies pushing their big summer ticket discount sale on all social platforms today. Only a third of the way into the season, they're looking at a summer of 16,500 crowds and zero buzz.
FolesMVP09

Post by FolesMVP09 »

Christopher wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 5:02 pm LOL at the Phillies pushing their big summer ticket discount sale on all social platforms today. Only a third of the way into the season, they're looking at a summer of 16,500 crowds and zero buzz.
I got a generous gift card from my co-workers last year for my 30th anniversary with the company. Went to a game last year and have enough left for 2 of us to go to another. I am going to the 6/10 game for the Bryce bobblehead. Otherwise I wouldn't even think of going right now.

Went to Reading Saturday though - much better value