The Philadelphia 76ers 2022 Off-Season Thread

Moderator: sentinelhyder

headclown

Re: The Philadelphia 76ers 2022 Off-Season Thread

Post by headclown »

You could make the same case for Bassey IMO....I loved what I saw from him this year in his limited opportunities. Shame on Rivers for not having him and Reed more prepared to play meaningful minutes.

Can someone explain to me why this team was so bad at the start of quarters? Except for the 1st quarter, there were too many games in which the they were really bad for the first several minutes of the 2nd 3rd and or 4th quarter.

I personally dont think there is any offensive identity...it is so mish mash.
adamcru

Post by adamcru »

I have no issue firing Doc. The problem I have is that it seems like that just greases the runway for Mike D'Antoni to be the head coach of this team. Feels like he would be even more of a disaster than Doc has been. Sure, his teams are fun to watch during the regular season but what has the guy done in the playoffs? Can Morey do a real search and find the next Budenholzer?
Buff

Post by Buff »

Morey when asked if he could guarantee that Doc Rivers is back next year said "yes."

Welp.
BelmontShore
Site Admin

Post by BelmontShore »

Both Doc and Harden will be back.

Morey just confirmed in exit interview.
BelmontShore
Site Admin

Post by BelmontShore »

Official: Torn ACL for Danny Green.
jrollin24

Post by jrollin24 »

And just like that, the Eagles become the only chance of a title in this city for the next decade
erik

Post by erik »

I really have no idea what NBA execs look at when making these decisions. Doc hasn't done anything to move this team forward. He completely failed to get young guys ready. When you're up against the "cap", don't you have to rely on player development to fill the gaps? Does Morey think Doc "Nothing is ever my fault" Rivers is going to risk his "resume" on young guys developing?

But I agree on the whole D'Antoni thing. I think guys can improve, and they learn from other coaching stints, but if you have coached for 4 other clubs, you are what you are. Why would his style work here?

And finally, I sure hope Harden was hurt... or is seeing his legacy flame out and can put on some Chris Paul workout tapes and evolve the way we're going to need him to do so.
headclown

Post by headclown »

BelmontShore wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 6:41 pm Both Doc and Harden will be back.

I heard the press conference, what a joke and load of bullshit. Talk about zero accountability. And now with the Sixers on the hook for Danny Green who wont play, this roster looks like a disaster.
FolesMVP09

Post by FolesMVP09 »

It is over for this team - in a year or two they will fire Morey/Rivers and need to start process all over again

Drafting Ben over Ingram
Drafting Fultz over Tatum (though Tatum my not have been a real option with a trade up)
Not keeping Butler
Hiring Rivers

Just too many bad decisions
awfulstack

Post by awfulstack »

headclown wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 8:40 pm
BelmontShore wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 6:41 pm Both Doc and Harden will be back.

I heard the press conference, what a joke and load of bullshit. Talk about zero accountability. And now with the Sixers on the hook for Danny Green who wont play, this roster looks like a disaster.
Greens contract isn’t guaranteed