The Philadelphia 76ers 2022 Off-Season Thread

Moderator: sentinelhyder

sentinelhyder

Re: The Philadelphia 76ers 2022 Off-Season Thread

Post by sentinelhyder »

Buff wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 2:00 pm
adamcru wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 1:25 pm
Captain Obvious wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 11:36 am

It's Embiid, Maxey, and Harden. After that, it's open season.

Me, personally would like to see Shake develop into a 6th man, and have Paul, Joe, and Bassey still here.
No disagreement here. But I guess that then means that Tobias and Matisse are the bait? What kind of big name can we expect for those 2 guys? Maybe that's enough to get Beal out of Washington since it's sounding like he wants out anyway.
Lest we forget, Daryl got out from Al Horford's contract and got an actual player (Danny Green) in return.

If anyone can do it, it's him.

You can look at Tobias and see positives. He's a great person, he can score, and if he's put with the right type of players and the right type of situation he can succeed better than he can here. If he weren't a max guy there'd be a lot less to complain about.

Thybulle was "untouchable" to many prior to this season. I'm sure he has value around the league.

Beal with Harden and Maxey doesn't make sense. Prior to the Harden trade, sure, but you can't find minutes for all 3 of them, and you can't play them all at the same time.

The worst part is, we had the player we needed and traded him away... twice. Jimmy Butler and Mikal Bridges. Both of them would be exactly what this team needs.
i think you could play a three guard lineup. not ideal but it has been done. more thank likely a beal with harden means maxey goes to the bench which would be a travesty in terms of his development.

stop the star hunting frankly. they just lost to a team that started two undrafted guards, PJ Tucker, Bam and Butler. need a team, not a collection of players.
BelmontShore
Site Admin

Post by BelmontShore »

sentinelhyder wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 7:24 pm i think you could play a three guard lineup. not ideal but it has been done. more thank likely a beal with harden means maxey goes to the bench which would be a travesty in terms of his development.

stop the star hunting frankly. they just lost to a team that started two undrafted guards, PJ Tucker, Bam and Butler. need a team, not a collection of players.
All of this. This team isn't missing stars, it's missing length & athleticism, particularly on the wings. I love Harris the person but I'd like to see them move him and I very earnestly want Reed to spend the summer preparing to play PF with Embiid in a "Siakam" role. He's got a surprising skillset that has been hidden with Rivers' douchebaggery. Then get 2 athletic wings.

Shit. I'm dumping both Harris and Harden, then Green, too, along with Jordan and Millsap. And unless Niang wants to lose 25-30lbs, he's gone too. Thybulle can go, too. I'm done.
rob630

Post by rob630 »

FolesMVP09 wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 8:26 pm Please let him go

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2022/05/24/re ... -as-coach/
I think a lot of people, especially in Philadelphia, share your wishful sentiment. But I think it's not very likely unless the Lakers make an insane can't refuse offer. Not sure they like Doc enough to do that.
sentinelhyder

Post by sentinelhyder »

im one that wants to see doc go. what more do you need to see. their offense was dribbling around at the top of the key trying to feed embiid who was being fronted. When that didn't happen, there'd be like 10 seconds left and a mad scramble to find an open shot.

you could argue that if Embiid was 100% they'd be playing now and i agree with that. you could argue that its not his fault his bench sucks and id agree with that. but the stagnant offense, refusal to develop young players, lack of rebounding, lost focus by the players, etc. are all negatives that outweigh the excuses. change is needed.
BelmontShore
Site Admin

Post by BelmontShore »

Maxey already in the gym tryna get better.
20220527_171107.jpg
20220527_171107.jpg (153.72 KiB) Viewed 3983 times
headclown

Post by headclown »

As I have said since the first time I saw him play....love me some Maxey!!!
headclown

Post by headclown »

Bad news keeps coming today....Lakers appear to have hired Hamm as their coach....we are stuck with Rivers...ugh
BelmontShore
Site Admin

Post by BelmontShore »

76ers will get to keep their 2022 1st rd draft pick.

[The Brooklyn Nets are opting to receive the Philadelphia 76ers' first-round selection in 2023 rather than the No. 23 pick they would be entitled to this year from the James Harden and Ben Simmons trade, sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.]
headclown

Post by headclown »

BelmontShore wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:07 pm 76ers will get to keep their 2022 1st rd draft pick.

[The Brooklyn Nets are opting to receive the Philadelphia 76ers' first-round selection in 2023 rather than the No. 23 pick they would be entitled to this year from the James Harden and Ben Simmons trade, sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.]
Must get a young 3 or 4 that super athletic