The absurdity of a lockout

Moderator: Christopher

Christopher

Re: The absurdity of a lockout

Post by Christopher »

Evan Drellich
@EvanDrellich
MLB and the MLBPA plan to meet again tomorrow. May not be another proposal, but it is certainly notable that the sides are planning to meet two days in a row.
Vegas Eagle Fan

Post by Vegas Eagle Fan »

Greed all around...owners, players and agents!
mrmountie

Post by mrmountie »

Hate those owners
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

mrmountie wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:58 pm Hate those owners
Yep.
They're not giving up anything they hadn't planned to give up from the start.
TennPhan

Post by TennPhan »

Really getting time for action. I think missing the start of the season will cost both sides. Baseball has been a declining sport for years and at some point, they just might push things too far and find that they have lost significant future revenue.
rob630

Post by rob630 »

I loved baseball since I was a kid, playing nearly every day with my pals, and religiously watching and following all the MLB players. Had a huge stack of baseball cards that I wish I had today.

The 1994-1995 strike that lasted from Aug 12, 1994 - March 31, 1995, changed everything for me. Cancelation of the 1994 postseason and the loss of 938 games, scab replacement players.... It had a lasting negative impact for me. I lost interest for a number of years, and never did get back the same passion I once had, although I had great pleasure seeing the Philles win in 2008 and attending the parade.

Not saying this year's situation will impact fans the same as it did for me. But none of this is good for the game.
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

Some thought is going around now that owners have overplayed their hand. They're trying again, and failing again, to get a mediator involved. Players seem perfectly willing to lose a couple months of the season if owners aren't going to make anything approaching reasonable offers, and I support the players on that front. So the shitshow continues. We'll know in next 7-10 whether owners are going to entrench themselves, too, and if they're willing to let baseball fade even further from view in America.
FolesMVP09

Post by FolesMVP09 »

Hope the whole season is canceled - let them kill the game
headclown

Post by headclown »

All of these idiots need to look at what is going on in the world. They are both wrong, both sides deserve whatever they get. To wait until now to have serious talks is about as ignorant as ignorant gets. We are learning that everything you thought was normal can be taken away. These people should have been negotiating long ago so this never became a story.

So for me, I sure hope they get this figured out and I do tend to agree the owners over-played their hands. I am just tired of the greed.
mrmountie

Post by mrmountie »

headclown wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:39 pm All of these idiots need to look at what is going on in the world. They are both wrong, both sides deserve whatever they get. To wait until now to have serious talks is about as ignorant as ignorant gets. We are learning that everything you thought was normal can be taken away. These people should have been negotiating long ago so this never became a story.

So for me, I sure hope they get this figured out and I do tend to agree the owners over-played their hands. I am just tired of the greed.
lol