8/2 Trade Deadline Discussion

Moderator: Christopher

bigel57

Re: 8/2 Trade Deadline Discussion

Post by bigel57 »

Moniak is Joe Bfyztic. Sorry,1950’s Joe Palooka 50’s comic book reference…black cloud always over his head
bigel57

Post by bigel57 »

Sorry,Joe Btfsplk from L’il Abner,not Joe Palooka
Black cloud guy,always in bad luck. Moniak
phtown

Post by phtown »

:lol:
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

Shout out to Joe Shlabotnik.
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

Some thoughts a week and half past the deadline:

1. I like the Marsh trade. It's a good gamble, because we have nothing going in CF. Now at least we have a glove guy and we can see if he develops as a hitter over the next year. Plus, sayonara Odubel

2. The Thor trade looks solid, if he can continue to give us 5-6 innings and just keep us in games. I wouldn't expect at this point to let him start in October, but that's OK

3. The Robertson trade looks like one of the steals of the whole deadline, and it provided a complete overhaul of what this bullpen is capable of. It's an absolute weapon now.
FolesMVP09

Post by FolesMVP09 »

Christopher wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:58 pm Some thoughts a week and half past the deadline:

1. I like the Marsh trade. It's a good gamble, because we have nothing going in CF. Now at least we have a glove guy and we can see if he develops as a hitter over the next year. Plus, sayonara Odubel

2. The Thor trade looks solid, if he can continue to give us 5-6 innings and just keep us in games. I wouldn't expect at this point to let him start in October, but that's OK

3. The Robertson trade looks like one of the steals of the whole deadline, and it provided a complete overhaul of what this bullpen is capable of. It's an absolute weapon now.
All good points
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

What's all the more interesting is that the Mets and Yankees both apparently coveted Robertson, and it's not like they didn't have the resources to get it done.
Skyjack

Post by Skyjack »

Christopher wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:58 pm Some thoughts a week and half past the deadline:

these are the things that experienced competent GM does. Klentak was in over his head so far. Going to pay for that for years.
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

Josh Hader has a 16.20 ERA and no saves in 5 appearances with Padres

Jordan Montgomery 4-0 with a 0.35 ERA with Cardinals

Joey Gallo 1.024 OPS in 37 plate appearances with Dodgers
FolesMVP09

Post by FolesMVP09 »

Christopher wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:45 pm Josh Hader has a 16.20 ERA and no saves in 5 appearances with Padres

Jordan Montgomery 4-0 with a 0.35 ERA with Cardinals

Joey Gallo 1.024 OPS in 37 plate appearances with Dodgers
Yankees fans are pissed about Gallo

I saw one of the NY sportwriters compare Montgomery to Steve Carlton (in terms of the trade outcome) lol