8/2 Trade Deadline Discussion

Moderator: Christopher

sentinelhyder

Re: 8/2 Trade Deadline Discussion

Post by sentinelhyder »

well can go get JBJ for nothing now (except money)
jrollin24

Post by jrollin24 »

Any LOOGY's hanging out there? Have zero faith in Alvarado facing Soto and the LH ilk
FolesMVP09

Post by FolesMVP09 »

schooldoc wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:53 am Bryce is already hitting off a tee and throwing up to 60 feet. I think he'll be back before Sept. 1. He won't be out another 30 games, maybe 20 or so.
Whether it is 20 or 30 or somewhere in between, team has little margin for error in terms of a slump. They can't afford to fall 3+ behind. They need to be up a few games by mid Sept or that 9 game stretch vs Atlanta/Toronto could end them
phtown

Post by phtown »

Trae Turner's name is being tossed around as a possible FA target this off-season. Bryce Harper calls him his favorite and most underrated player. And when he talks, Montgomery listens. We already have a bunch of expiring contracts and could arguably afford him. To clear the decks I would let Hoskins and Segura go too. No shortage of 1st basemen on this roster either.
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

It's a big winter for SS free agents again: Turner, Bogaerts, Correa, Swanson.

I can definitely see the Phillies letting Segura walk, moving Stott to 2B and going after a big fish at SS.

I think they'll keep Hoskins, as he has one more arbitration year. They're going to have to figure out the right call on Eflin, though. If they don't keep him, they're going to need another quality mid-rotation guy to serve as a bridge until the farmhands are ready (which I don't think is until summer 2024-ish)

C Realmuto
1B Hoskins
2B Stott
SS Turner/Bogaerts?
3B Bohm
LF Schwarber
CF Marsh
RF Harper
DH Castellanos

would be a helluva lineup
bigel57

Post by bigel57 »

Wheeler,Nola,Suarez,Gibson ? Bullpen. Decent
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

It will be interesting to see what the market for Eflin looks like. He's generally ranked between #15 and #20 on this winter's best free agents. With his age, he's got a good shot at a four-year deal. But his health is going to be a huge factor. He may have to weigh taking a little less on a long term deal vs. taking a one-year prove-it deal and hoping he can cash, one year older, the next winter.
FolesMVP09

Post by FolesMVP09 »

Christopher wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:00 pm It will be interesting to see what the market for Eflin looks like. He's generally ranked between #15 and #20 on this winter's best free agents. With his age, he's got a good shot at a four-year deal. But his health is going to be a huge factor. He may have to weigh taking a little less on a long term deal vs. taking a one-year prove-it deal and hoping he can cash, one year older, the next winter.
2 straight seasons with recurring knee injuries, I'd be very surprised if he got more than a 1 year deal
phtown

Post by phtown »

Dombrowski shedding Didi was a pretty obvious move, but still it's the type of move that doesn't get made for various reasons. Kudos to him for pulling the trigger. Maton already with 2 HRs.
phtown

Post by phtown »

Meanwhile Moniak gets off to a 2 HR start in LA only to break his thumb while bunting for a base hit. Season over. That's two significant injuries suffered in the batters box this year.