Moderator: Christopher

FolesMVP09

Re: 8/2 Trade Deadline Discussion

Post by FolesMVP09 »

Vegas Eagle Fan

Post by Vegas Eagle Fan »

FolesMVP09 wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:24 pm
Christopher wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:50 pm There's a lot of options, but I can't imagine them cutting Didi when they won't even cut Familia.

I suspect we might see:

IN: Segura, Sosa
OUT: Munoz, Vierling

Other minor trades between now the deadline could affect things, too.
Unless they trade for a CF, I'd be surprised to see Vierling demoted
I would rather them bring up Moniak and let him hit lead-off. Get rid of Herrera and keep Vierling to give Schwarber and Castellanos. Definitely need to get rid of Familiar and for the life of me, I can't understand why he isn't gone by now.
FolesMVP09

Post by FolesMVP09 »

Vegas Eagle Fan wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:15 pm
Christopher wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:50 pm There's a lot of options, but I can't imagine them cutting Didi when they won't even cut Familia.

I suspect we might see:

I would rather them bring up Moniak and let him hit lead-off. Get rid of Herrera and keep Vierling to give Schwarber and Castellanos. Definitely need to get rid of Familiar and for the life of me, I can't understand why he isn't gone by now.
Agree on Familia, but Moniak can't hit a lick
Michael Jack

Post by Michael Jack »

I suspect we might see:

I'm not convinced Vierling is a major league regular, but I'd be shocked if he gets sent down. He's proven to be a valuable player.
Michael Jack

Post by Michael Jack »

This move to get Sosa makes no sense. I assume Stott will go to SS when Segura comes back. I think Munoz has been OK, but figured he would go down when Segura comes back. Maybe Camargo's knee is barking again.
mrmountie

Post by mrmountie »

Sosa blows. Maton is better than like 4 of the bums they're hanging on to.
Vegas Eagle Fan

Post by Vegas Eagle Fan »

FolesMVP09 wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:18 pm

Moniak is hitting over .300 leading off and is their best defensive CF. Am I convinced that his hitting will translate to the majors I don't know, but he needs more of a chance than he was given. Stott is improving at the plate but it has taken him a lot of bats to stop chasing bad pitches.. A lot of these young guys need a year for them to improve at the plate.
FolesMVP09

Post by FolesMVP09 »

Christopher wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:04 pm If the Giants continue to fade and/or become sellers, it really clarifies that Phillies' wild-card chances. They'd basically be battling the second-place NL Central team (Brewers or Cardinals) for that final slot.
My apologies for doubting you

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2022/07/ ... ayers.html
Michael Jack

Post by Michael Jack »

Vegas Eagle Fan wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:10 pm
FolesMVP09 wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:18 pm
Moniak is hitting over .300 leading off and is their best defensive CF. Am I convinced that his hitting will translate to the majors I don't know, but he needs more of a chance than he was given. Stott is improving at the plate but it has taken him a lot of bats to stop chasing bad pitches.. A lot of these young guys need a year for them to improve at the plate.
Moniak can't hit a breaking ball. He's not the answer, but maybe they can convince some team to take him as a throw-in in some trade.
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

Syndergaard, Quintana and Taylor would be a quality deadline haul

Wheeler
Nola
Suarez
Quintana
Syndergaard

No more bullpen games. Make Gibson the long man/spot starter/depth. Define a bullpen role for Falter (or, more likely, he's in one of the trades, which is fine)