2022 Eagles Discussion

Moderator: FolesMVP09

phtown
Posts: 234
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:25 pm

Re: 2022 Eagles Discussion

Post by phtown »

This blows
BelmontShore
Site Admin
Posts: 4036
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:25 am
Location: Valhalla
Contact:

Re: 2022 Eagles Discussion

Post by BelmontShore »

Eagles' rookie DT Jordan Davis is eligible to begin practicing, again. The 21-day window is now open. He can begin practicing today, there is a chance he could be cleared to play vs the Titans, Sunday.
Vegas Eagle Fan
Posts: 234
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:04 pm

Re: 2022 Eagles Discussion

Post by Vegas Eagle Fan »

I know it's a little early, but I wouldn't mind if the Eagles tried to sign Tony Pollard who will be a FA after the 2022 season. Sanders is a FA as well, so the Eagles may elect to keep him if he wants to stay, but I think Pollard is the better back and has less wear and tear on him. I also, think Pollard would like to go to a team where he will no longer be in Zeke's shadow. Hell, I wouldn't mind having both Sanders and Pollard.
Captain Obvious
Posts: 487
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:02 pm

Re: 2022 Eagles Discussion

Post by Captain Obvious »

Vegas Eagle Fan wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:16 am I know it's a little early, but I wouldn't mind if the Eagles tried to sign Tony Pollard who will be a FA after the 2022 season. Sanders is a FA as well, so the Eagles may elect to keep him if he wants to stay, but I think Pollard is the better back and has less wear and tear on him. I also, think Pollard would like to go to a team where he will no longer be in Zeke's shadow. Hell, I wouldn't mind having both Sanders and Pollard.
I don't know if the Eagles could give Pollard what he would want as far as top RB money. Not to mention Eagles have a bad history of signing former Cowboy players.


They could get a mid range back, and use the Saints pick for a top RB in the draft if he's there.
Buff
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:31 pm

Re: 2022 Eagles Discussion

Post by Buff »

Vegas Eagle Fan wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:16 am I know it's a little early, but I wouldn't mind if the Eagles tried to sign Tony Pollard who will be a FA after the 2022 season. Sanders is a FA as well, so the Eagles may elect to keep him if he wants to stay, but I think Pollard is the better back and has less wear and tear on him. I also, think Pollard would like to go to a team where he will no longer be in Zeke's shadow. Hell, I wouldn't mind having both Sanders and Pollard.
Just don't give big money to a RB. MANY other places we NEED to spend.

Here's our list of upcoming UFAs (by their salary this season, per Sportrac)

Cox, Quinn, BG, Hargrave, Kelce, Bradberry, Seumalo, Dillard, White, Edwards, Suh, Joseph, Boston Scott, Pascal, Sanders, Lovato, CJGJ, Opeta, Tyree Jackson, Minshew, Epps

This doesn't include Hurts who will be eligible for (and should get) his big contract.
Vegas Eagle Fan
Posts: 234
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:04 pm

Re: 2022 Eagles Discussion

Post by Vegas Eagle Fan »

Buff wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:42 pm
Vegas Eagle Fan wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:16 am I know it's a little early, but I wouldn't mind if the Eagles tried to sign Tony Pollard who will be a FA after the 2022 season. Sanders is a FA as well, so the Eagles may elect to keep him if he wants to stay, but I think Pollard is the better back and has less wear and tear on him. I also, think Pollard would like to go to a team where he will no longer be in Zeke's shadow. Hell, I wouldn't mind having both Sanders and Pollard.
Just don't give big money to a RB. MANY other places we NEED to spend.

Here's our list of upcoming UFAs (by their salary this season, per Sportrac)

Cox, Quinn, BG, Hargrave, Kelce, Bradberry, Seumalo, Dillard, White, Edwards, Suh, Joseph, Boston Scott, Pascal, Sanders, Lovato, CJGJ, Opeta, Tyree Jackson, Minshew, Epps

This doesn't include Hurts who will be eligible for (and should get) his big contract.
I think using the Saints 1st round pick for a RB would be a waste. Mainly because only a few pan out as true studs. Also, I think the Eagles under utilize Sanders because they tend to be pass happy and rely on Hurts. Most running QBs eventually get injured. Would rather see the RB take those carries and keep Hurts safe, only using his running when needed. Here's a nice article of 1st round RB picks going back to 2010.
https://www.si.com/fantasy/2022/04/21/n ... el-elliott
Buff
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:31 pm

Re: 2022 Eagles Discussion

Post by Buff »

Vegas Eagle Fan wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:54 pm
Buff wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:42 pm
Vegas Eagle Fan wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:16 am I know it's a little early, but I wouldn't mind if the Eagles tried to sign Tony Pollard who will be a FA after the 2022 season. Sanders is a FA as well, so the Eagles may elect to keep him if he wants to stay, but I think Pollard is the better back and has less wear and tear on him. I also, think Pollard would like to go to a team where he will no longer be in Zeke's shadow. Hell, I wouldn't mind having both Sanders and Pollard.
Just don't give big money to a RB. MANY other places we NEED to spend.

Here's our list of upcoming UFAs (by their salary this season, per Sportrac)

Cox, Quinn, BG, Hargrave, Kelce, Bradberry, Seumalo, Dillard, White, Edwards, Suh, Joseph, Boston Scott, Pascal, Sanders, Lovato, CJGJ, Opeta, Tyree Jackson, Minshew, Epps

This doesn't include Hurts who will be eligible for (and should get) his big contract.
I think using the Saints 1st round pick for a RB would be a waste. Mainly because only a few pan out as true studs. Also, I think the Eagles under utilize Sanders because they tend to be pass happy and rely on Hurts. Most running QBs eventually get injured. Would rather see the RB take those carries and keep Hurts safe, only using his running when needed. Here's a nice article of 1st round RB picks going back to 2010.
https://www.si.com/fantasy/2022/04/21/n ... el-elliott
If it's a top 10 pick there's no way in Hell the Eagles would use it on a RB. I doubt they'd even consider with their pick towards the end of the 1st.

That being said, there's no way they can afford to outbid another team for a top flight FA RB. If Sanders wants to come back on a reasonable deal, so be it, but we can't get into a bidding war for Pollard or anyone else.
phtown
Posts: 234
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:25 pm

Re: 2022 Eagles Discussion

Post by phtown »

DE or DT and then CB or S depending on who we can retain. RB in the 3rd round.
FolesMVP09
Posts: 2754
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:55 pm

Re: 2022 Eagles Discussion

Post by FolesMVP09 »

phtown wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:31 am DE or DT and then CB or S depending on who we can retain. RB in the 3rd round.
I see DE as their #1 need.

Agree with you - you can find RBs in later rounds
Captain Obvious
Posts: 487
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:02 pm

Re: 2022 Eagles Discussion

Post by Captain Obvious »

phtown wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:31 am DE or DT and then CB or S depending on who we can retain. RB in the 3rd round.
Don't get me wrong. I want a DE, or CB in the first round. My point is if that explosive can't miss RB is there, the Eagles might take a shot.

Of course. They way this offense is laid out, you don't have to have that explosive RB to carry the load.
Post Reply