2023 Eagles Offseason Discussion

Moderator: FolesMVP09

FolesMVP09

Re: 2023 Eagles Offseason Discussion

Post by FolesMVP09 »

Christopher wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:23 pm the SAF Justin Evans signing just looks like warm body roster filler.
the LB Nicholas Morrow signing is more promising. hopefully they see something from him they'd like within their system
meh - Morrow is a scrub
Captain Obvious

Post by Captain Obvious »

BelmontShore wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:03 pm
Captain Obvious wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:42 am Seems like they went after him first. He rejected the deal, and this was why they could get Bradberry, and Slay back.
They offered him a deal that reflected their interests and their concerns. The deals for the CBs had no bearing on bringing back CJGJ. They could afford him if they wanted. They were given the chance to match the Lions' deal, they declined.

The Eagles structured the 3yr deal the way they did because they had concerns about his behavior if he signed long term.

If you've seen his social media, you can see he's volatile. He even dropped a tweet claiming he was "blackballed". He's a loose cannon.
Yeah the more he tweets, the happier I am that they didn't sign him.
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

The Bijan Robinson buzz is growing.

I certainly understand the "scoring 35 points a game is the best defense" approach, but I don't know about a RB at #10

Isiah Pacheco KILLED us in the Super Bowl and he was a seventh-round rookie. I tend to think it's easier to find hidden gems on offense in the later rounds than defensive stalwarts, but maybe they know things we don't know about who they're interested in after #10
Captain Obvious

Christopher wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:18 pm The Bijan Robinson buzz is growing.

I certainly understand the "scoring 35 points a game is the best defense" approach, but I don't know about a RB at #10

Isiah Pacheco KILLED us in the Super Bowl and he was a seventh-round rookie. I tend to think it's easier to find hidden gems on offense in the later rounds than defensive stalwarts, but maybe they know things we don't know about who they're interested in after #10
I think that would kill Gainwell's confidence next year if they pick him at #10. However, it would solidify the run game for the next four years.

Too many defensive issues to do that I think.
FolesMVP09

Post by FolesMVP09 »

Christopher wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:18 pm The Bijan Robinson buzz is growing.

Would love to have him, but 0% chance they draft a RB at 10ish
Jamesj30t

Post by Jamesj30t »

Cannot see this happening. Ezekiel looks done , more of a short yardage back at this point.

DEVELOPING: Ezekiel Elliott Signing With Philadelphia Eagles Per Adam Schefter? Major Eagles Rumors

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTm4mg_qN5s
FolesMVP09

Post by FolesMVP09 »

Jamesj30t wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:33 pm Cannot see this happening. Ezekiel looks done , more of a short yardage back at this point.

DEVELOPING: Ezekiel Elliott Signing With Philadelphia Eagles Per Adam Schefter? Major Eagles Rumors

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTm4mg_qN5s
Eagles are on Zeke's list as one of 3 teams he wants to play for

Almost no chance
Captain Obvious

Zeke has to know what his market value is at this point. He's not going to get a big contract from the Eagles if thats what he wants.

Wouldn't mind him playing the short yardage role though.

That Bengals offense would be nasty if he goes there.
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

Yeah, looking that possibilities, Bengals are a strong fit.
Top tier of the AFC is absolutely loaded. Not sure why Jets are so keen on making a one-year run with Aaron Rodgers when there's no way they get past Chiefs, Bills, Bengals.
Captain Obvious

Jon Richie had a good point this morning...

Zeke got cut by the Cowboys. Why not try and go to the Eagles where he has the chance to shove it up the Cowboy's ass for letting him go?

Yeah Eagles have a bad history of signing former Cowboys. They were all also different players too. Different times, different coaches, different schemes that didn't fit them. (sans Bonoil. He's a kicker)

I'm on the Zeke train. Again if its the right price let's go! I wanted him here in 2016.