2023 Eagles Offseason Discussion

Moderator: FolesMVP09

Captain Obvious

Re: 2023 Eagles Offseason Discussion

Post by Captain Obvious »

OT Lane Johnson signs a one year $33.445 million contract including 30 million guaranteed. Under contrac through 2026.

Seems like they just took his contract and stretched it backloading the last year.

Saves some cap room up front to sign Zeke :D :D :D
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

Someone noted that they now have about $18M in cap space, but that's kind of illusional because (1) Howie usually takes about $10M into the season for flexibility, (2) they need about $6M for the draftees.
Jamesj30t

Post by Jamesj30t »

Looks like the Eagles just landed another starter at safety.

The Philadelphia Eagles Just STOLE Terrell Edmunds... Terrell Edmunds Highlights...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wS3v1tWZAU
sentinelhyder

Post by sentinelhyder »

i dont get the Zeke stuff. What role would he play that he would actually accept? Between Penny, Gainwell, Scott and draft pick, plus whomever else they have, there isn't room.
FolesMVP09

Post by FolesMVP09 »

sentinelhyder wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:36 pm i dont get the Zeke stuff. What role would he play that he would actually accept? Between Penny, Gainwell, Scott and draft pick, plus whomever else they have, there isn't room.
The Zeke stuff is just coming from him and his team wish list. There are no indications that the Eagles are interested.
phtown

Post by phtown »

I'd love to be a fly on the wall for those conversations between Howie and Jordan Davis about Jalen Carter.
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

I think there's too much risk with Carter, but obviously it matters much more what the Eagles think, not me.

I would draw the line, however, at trading UP to get Carter if they need to snag him at #7 or #8
FolesMVP09

Post by FolesMVP09 »

Don't recall the specifics, but this reminds me of the 95 draft when they passed on Sapp for Mamula

Whether Carter has that potential, I don't know. The concern is, will he learn and mature from his issues?
adamcru

Post by adamcru »

FolesMVP09 wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:59 pm Don't recall the specifics, but this reminds me of the 95 draft when they passed on Sapp for Mamula

Whether Carter has that potential, I don't know. The concern is, will he learn and mature from his issues?
I have a friend who is desperate for the Eagles to draft Carter at 10. This is my main concern. The kid was involved in something pretty serious where his friend died due to their actions. Need to really figure out whether this kid will learn from this and grow or if he's going to continue to make immature mistakes.
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

People made mistakes. I this case it was a horrible, tragic one. It shouldn't define the rest of his life.

My bigger concern is that he was very out of shape at Pro Day and there's little way to know before the draft what kind of condition he's going to be in physically and mentally before the draft. If you're a 6-win rebuilding team, maybe that's a gamble worth taking. If you're a franchise with the goal of returning to the Super Bowl, there's a concerning level of risk-reward here, compared to others who will be available.