2023 Eagles Offseason Discussion

Moderator: FolesMVP09

Christopher

Re: 2023 Eagles Offseason Discussion

Post by Christopher »

The NFL Competition Committee might look to remove the "Tush Push" play on QB sneaks that was so dominant for Jalen Hurts and the #Eagles this season.
BelmontShore
Site Admin

Post by BelmontShore »

This is so ignorant. Of course they'll do it.

Linebackers and safeties can pile in behind the defensive line to push back on a QB sneak. The play has always been jokingly tagged as a "rugby scrum" by announcers going back to the very 1st QB sneak.

It's only an issue now because the Eagles are so successful at it because they happen to have a QB who can squat 620lbs.

So just take everyone off the field except for 5 OL, plus the QB & 5 DL. No one is allowed to push anyone.
Ottawaflyer

Post by Ottawaflyer »

Would the NFL put a rematch of the Super Bowl on Thursday for opening night in September?
Captain Obvious

Post by Captain Obvious »

Ottawaflyer wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:30 am Would the NFL put a rematch of the Super Bowl on Thursday for opening night in September?
It certainly will be a prime time game. However, I don't think it will be their first game.

Eagles opened up on the road last year. Don't think they will do the defending NFC champs dirty and make it two years in a row.

I see the Eagles opening at home Sunday Night vs either the Giants, Niners, or Cowboys.
sentinelhyder

Post by sentinelhyder »

Eagles interviewed former NLF safety Jim Leonhard, currently DC at Wisconsin.

"Schematically, Jim Leonhard runs a base 3-4. Reddick & Sweat would be great EDGE fits in that scheme.

When opponents are in 11-personnel, Leonhard shifts to a 2-4-5 defense, swapping a DL. Pass coverages are predominantly one-high & Tampa 2."

I'm in although bringing back Hargrove seems necessary if this is the hire.
FolesMVP09

Post by FolesMVP09 »

Captain Obvious wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 4:45 pm
Ottawaflyer wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:30 am Would the NFL put a rematch of the Super Bowl on Thursday for opening night in September?
It certainly will be a prime time game. However, I don't think it will be their first game.

Eagles opened up on the road last year. Don't think they will do the defending NFC champs dirty and make it two years in a row.

I see the Eagles opening at home Sunday Night vs either the Giants, Niners, or Cowboys.
I think NBC is going to want a SB rematch and push for it.

Eagles are not going have a lot of 1PM games next year
FolesMVP09

Post by FolesMVP09 »

John Clark
@JClarkNBCS

If the Eagles can’t reach a new deal with CJ Gardner Johnson, they will put the franchise tag on him according to
@caplannfl
sentinelhyder

Post by sentinelhyder »

Johnson is your new OC.

Sean Desai is the new DC.

ST coordinator got extended and was given a raise. Ok.
BelmontShore
Site Admin

Post by BelmontShore »

I'm ok with Desai, I always expected.Johnson to get the OC job, I advocated for it.

Marcus Brady is the new offensive.consultant, Alex Tanney will be the QB coach.