2023 Eagles Offseason Discussion

Moderator: FolesMVP09

Captain Obvious

Re: 2023 Eagles Offseason Discussion

Post by Captain Obvious »

BelmontShore wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:04 pm [Olamide Zaccheaus’ agents Katz Brothers Sports announced that their client has agreed to a deal with the Eagles. No terms were disclosed.

He caught 40 passes for 533 yards and three touchdowns last season and had 94 catches for 1,328 yards and eight touchdowns over his entire time with the NFC South club.

The Eagles now have Zaccheaus, A.J. Brown, DeVonta Smith, Quez Watkins, Tyrie Cleveland, Brittain Covey, Greg Ward, and Devon Allen on the roster at wide receiver. - PFT]

https://www.thescore.com/s/24943838
I will enjoy Merril Reese trying to get his name out this year.
phtown

Post by phtown »

Not that I am very worried about this now, but what happens in year 5 with his cap hit? I guess we are locked in to renegotiate his deal in year 4, right? Because year 5 is nuclear and he is never playing that year on this deal.

I can imagine other teams like the Giants complaining about this structure. Jones' cap hits are far worse than Hurts'.
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
And now it is official: Eagles have hired former Patriots’ assistant coach Matt Patricia as their new senior defensive assistant, per sources.

DO NOT LIKE.
I understand the need for some experienced coaches alongside a lot of younger guys who was been promoted.
But I'm not a Patricia fan.

And there's also a past Patricia-Slay tiff, though I think both guys just need to be professional about that.
BelmontShore
Site Admin

Post by BelmontShore »

[The Philadelphia Eagles have hired former New England Patriots assistant coach Matt Patricia as their new senior defensive assistant, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.]

Gotta admit. I don't like this.

Patricia is a bad seed. I don't want Desai having this dude looking over his shoulder and undermining him to Lurie and Roseman.
Moviephreak

Post by Moviephreak »

All I can see when I hear his name is the pathetic look on his face when Nick Foles caught the touchdown pass in SB52.
sentinelhyder

Post by sentinelhyder »

apparently sirianni spoke with slay re patricia. presuming slay said ok.

but that aside, why the f do they need/want matt patricia.
FolesMVP09

Post by FolesMVP09 »

phtown wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 12:36 pm Not that I am very worried about this now, but what happens in year 5 with his cap hit? I guess we are locked in to renegotiate his deal in year 4, right? Because year 5 is nuclear and he is never playing that year on this deal.

I can imagine other teams like the Giants complaining about this structure. Jones' cap hits are far worse than Hurts'.
Yep - they will just push $$$ forward
Captain Obvious

Post by Captain Obvious »

sentinelhyder wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:50 pm apparently sirianni spoke with slay re patricia. presuming slay said ok.

but that aside, why the f do they need/want matt patricia.
Matt Patricia or Johnnathon Gannon? Be honest.
sentinelhyder

Post by sentinelhyder »

well Sean Desai is the DC, taking Gannon's place.

Patricia doesn't have a great track record outside of working under Belichick. not sure why you hired Desai and then bring in Patricia as a defensive assistant. but hey, what do i know.
FolesMVP09

Post by FolesMVP09 »

Patricia went to division 3 RPI - my alma mater. A few years after I graduated.

No football stadium - Football field was surrounded by class buildings and had a small bleacher section.

I would see a few minutes of the game sometimes if I was walking to the library on a Saturday

So, I have to root for him