Phillies' 2023 GDT #4: 04/03/23: Phillies(0-3) @ Yankees(2-1) - 7:05pm

Moderator: Christopher

BelmontShore
Site Admin

Re: Phillies' 2023 GDT #4: 04/03/23: Phillies(0-3) @ Yankees(2-1) - 7:05pm

Post by BelmontShore »

I like Rob Thomson but it's very clear he didn't properly prepare this team to start the season. I can't and won't blame the WBC, those guys should be more than ready to swing the bat. These pitchers didn't ramp up enough, the main lineup didn't play enough games. I constantly found myself questioning who we were seeing in the lineups and on mound. Too many guys who weren't coming North.
Captain Obvious

Re: Phillies' 2023 GDT #4: 04/03/23: Phillies(0-3) @ Yankees(2-1) - 7:05pm

Post by Captain Obvious »

BelmontShore wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 5:23 am I like Rob Thomson but it's very clear he didn't properly prepare this team to start the season. I can't and won't blame the WBC, those guys should be more than ready to swing the bat. These pitchers didn't ramp up enough, the main lineup didn't play enough games. I constantly found myself questioning who we were seeing in the lineups and on mound. Too many guys who weren't coming North.

Its a good argument. Why did Thompson play so many minor leauge guys when he knew he had to get the starters acclomated tot he ptich clock? You can see everyone is fatigued already.

I am not panicking four games in but to get the shit kicked out of you three out of four losses already is concerning.