Flyers' 2023 Offseason

Moderator: OrangeCrush

adamcru

Re: Flyers' 2023 Offseason

Post by adamcru »

awfulstack wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:54 pm Also sounds like from Briere that Provorov might have asked for a change of scenery.

Glad he was early to the market to be honest.

Chuck Fletcher would have waited till everyone filled out their needs and then taken some nonsense for him or held on to him and it would have gone to shit.
I actually don't mind the trade very much at all. The two players are slop who will likely either be in the AHL or be backups. Love the draft picks coming our way. Clearly Danny is taking the long view and stock piling draft capital to either make the picks or make a trade.
BelmontShore
Site Admin

Post by BelmontShore »

I have to admit.

After seeing the more complete details of the trade, I'm more inclined to support it. They had to get as much value out of Provorov as possible. Getting 2 and a possible 3rd draft pick is good value in a loaded draft. The organization still failed Provorov and it feels like they're blaming him, but in the end, a 26yo damn isn't on their timetable.

I'd like to see deals for other veterans, as well. Hayes needs to go, I'd even move Laughton at this point. JVR needs to go. I hate the idea of trading Hart, but it might be time if he can return high value. Maybe Hart and #22 gets them a 2nd 10 ten pick.

So, forgive my outburst. It's the best trade a Flyers' GM has pulled off in quite some time.
Skyjack

Post by Skyjack »

The only pick in this year’s draft coming to the Flyers is the LAK pick at 22. The other picks are in future drafts.
JVR is gone as an UFA.
Provorov became a problem of his own doing. His play the last three seasons has been in decline. He is far from being a top pair defenseman. That’s on him. The organization has tried to get him a partner and none have taken. He sees himself as a PP QB which he isn’t. When moved off of that, he has sulked. He blames his teammates for anything that goes wrong. Not a popular guy in the room. All of this is before getting into the Pride fiasco he orchestrated. That Briere was able to get the return that he did for him is a real feather in DB’s cap.
awfulstack

Post by awfulstack »

BelmontShore wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:31 pm I have to admit.

After seeing the more complete details of the trade, I'm more inclined to support it. They had to get as much value out of Provorov as possible. Getting 2 and a possible 3rd draft pick is good value in a loaded draft. The organization still failed Provorov and it feels like they're blaming him, but in the end, a 26yo damn isn't on their timetable.

I'd like to see deals for other veterans, as well. Hayes needs to go, I'd even move Laughton at this point. JVR needs to go. I hate the idea of trading Hart, but it might be time if he can return high value. Maybe Hart and #22 gets them a 2nd 10 ten pick.

So, forgive my outburst. It's the best trade a Flyers' GM has pulled off in quite some time.

I agree with you on all of it.

I think Hart is a luxury on a bad team. Yeah they might kick themselves but they are in a place where the rest of the team needs to be so much better that it makes sense to get a big package for Hart. Otherwise he is just going to get hung out to dry by a bad team in front of him anyway
BelmontShore
Site Admin

Post by BelmontShore »

100%.

I really, really like Ersson. That makes it easier to accept Hart moving. I wonder if they'll ever see that Russian goalie that got sent to prison in Siberia again. That kid had talent.
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

BelmontShore wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:09 pm I wonder if they'll ever see that Russian goalie that got sent to prison in Siberia again.
One of the most amazing sentences I've ever seen on Philaphans.
What a crazy world we live in.
Also, eff Putin.
BelmontShore
Site Admin

Post by BelmontShore »

Christopher wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:44 pm One of the most amazing sentences I've ever seen on Philaphans.
What a crazy world we live in.
Also, eff Putin.
Right?
BelmontShore
Site Admin

Post by BelmontShore »

In a typically Flyers' trade, Briere continues with the inept Gaming and winds up dealing Kevin Hayes to STL for a 2024 6th rd pick while also retaining half of Hayes' 2023 $7.1m salary.
sentinelhyder

Post by sentinelhyder »

BelmontShore wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 5:39 pm In a typically Flyers' trade, Briere continues with the inept Gaming and winds up dealing Kevin Hayes to STL for a 2024 6th rd pick while also retaining half of Hayes' 2023 $7.1m salary.
i get the salary dump but thats underwhelming considering what was rumoured. guess they have an excuse since Krug wouldnt waive his NTC.
adamcru

Post by adamcru »

BelmontShore wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:09 pm 100%.

I really, really like Ersson. That makes it easier to accept Hart moving. I wonder if they'll ever see that Russian goalie that got sent to prison in Siberia again. That kid had talent.
I consider myself to be a pretty informed Flyers fan but I've honestly never heard this story. What is this?