The Glenn is Fired 2023 Sixers Offseason Thread

Moderator: sentinelhyder

sentinelhyder

Re: The Glenn is Fired 2023 Sixers Offseason Thread

Post by sentinelhyder »

as a fan, i do not want to see them run it back with Harden, Harris, Embiid and Maxey. mostly b/c i dont like harris and harden is maddening. you carried the team in game 1 vs. Boston. Where was that guy in games 6 and 7?

i guess stepping back you can look at it as they were up 3-2 on Boston and maybe with a new coach they can finally get to the ECF.
FolesMVP09

Post by FolesMVP09 »

Christopher wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 10:02 pm There's really no other path that doesn't involved punting on Embiid's age 29-30 season.
Hopefully they can leverage it into just a 2-year deal; if Houston offers 3 years, walk away.

Then the question is whether they're better off keeping Harris' expiring contract or trading it for pieces that could help beyond this season.
Understood, but unless they get extremely lucky, there is no path to doing much in the playoffs with or without Harden
Captain Obvious

Post by Captain Obvious »

Yeah your dammed if you do, dammed if you don't with Harden.

Barring a major shake up and trading Either Harris, and/or Maxey away, or a sign and trade with Harden, and getting a huge haul back, there is no selling this team. What is going to make me come and watch the same team as last year expecting the same result?
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

Like you said, damned either way.
Are you going to pay to watch Embiid + Maxey + a bunch of role players in a rebuild year?
sentinelhyder

Post by sentinelhyder »

Captain Obvious wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:02 am Yeah your dammed if you do, dammed if you don't with Harden.

Barring a major shake up and trading Either Harris, and/or Maxey away, or a sign and trade with Harden, and getting a huge haul back, there is no selling this team. What is going to make me come and watch the same team as last year expecting the same result?
you have to hope Nurse is the difference maker. Im sure some thought Rivers after Brown would get us past round 2 so there's hesitation, but what else can you do. like everyone said, theyre hamstrung.
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania
Sources: Wizards, Celtics and Clippers are in strong talks on a trade that would send Kristaps Porzingis to Boston, Marcus Morris and draft compensation to Washington and Malcolm Brogdon to Los Angeles. Sides are still working through details and Porzingis’ $36M player option.
FolesMVP09

Post by FolesMVP09 »

Christopher wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:17 pm Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania
Sources: Wizards, Celtics and Clippers are in strong talks on a trade that would send Kristaps Porzingis to Boston, Marcus Morris and draft compensation to Washington and Malcolm Brogdon to Los Angeles. Sides are still working through details and Porzingis’ $36M player option.
Trade fell apart (for now)
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

Then it un-fell-apart.

Marcus Smart to Grizzlies
Porzingis & picks to Celtics
BelmontShore
Site Admin

Post by BelmontShore »

No idea what Boston is thinking but thanks, folks.

They just made themselves weaker. Porzingis is an empty uniform. He doesn't have the heart of Smart, he doesn't have that edge Smart gave them.
sentinelhyder

Post by sentinelhyder »

BelmontShore wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:08 am No idea what Boston is thinking but thanks, folks.

They just made themselves weaker. Porzingis is an empty uniform. He doesn't have the heart of Smart, he doesn't have that edge Smart gave them.
yeah this. puzzling that they think porzingis over smart is an upgrade all things considered. Smart org so we'll see i guess.