The Glenn is Fired 2023 Sixers Offseason Thread

Moderator: sentinelhyder

BelmontShore
Site Admin

Re: The Please Fire Glenn 2023 Sixers Offseason Thread

Post by BelmontShore »

awfulstack wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 11:48 am Man woke up thinking.

What exactly was Doc’s adjustment when the Celtics made Embiid and Harden so uncomfortable playing the 2 bigs?

The answer can’t be just put the game on corner 3s from Tobias and PJ.

Slander the players sure, but man he did nothing to make their life easier.
Awful, I told y'all this in Game 6.

Muzzolla put the Celtics' "Paul Reed" in the starting lineup. He sat on the block watching Embiid and deterring Harden from ever trying a layup with him on the floor. He never guarded Tucker, daring him to make wide open 3s. Tucker didn't other than the 1st Q Game 7. Williams gave them energy, he offensive boarded.

Notice, Muzzolla didn't worry about "spacing", he saw Embiid was killing them and made an adjustment. Rivers saw Game 6, saw the same in Game 7 and never adjusted. He turtled and went with just 6 players. How many times did I beg Rivers to play Reed with Embiid so it would be an option in the playoffs? He should have played Springer much more. He should have played Milton more, including vs the Celtics. The Heat played a lot of young players and didn't care about finishing in the play in. They're reaping the benefita now.

Mazzulla made one coaching decision that affected the series. The 76ers were outcoached. Again.
Captain Obvious

Re: The Glenn is Fired 2023 Sixers Offseason Thread

Post by Captain Obvious »

BelmontShore wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 3:56 pm Mike Budenholzer, Sam Cassell, Mike D’Antoni, Nick Nurse, Frank Vogel and Monty Williams are the current candidates.
I'll take Nurse, Williams or Vogel. In that order.

All the fan boys going nuts over Jay Wright... FOH with that.
sentinelhyder

Post by sentinelhyder »

D'antoni. c'mon, he was passed over years ago when the sixers had arguably a better roster to run his game. they might lead the league in offense with him but i think its a bad fit for this roster.
Gennosuke

Post by Gennosuke »

I'd love to see them hire JJ Redick as head coach, just to see Spike Eskin lose his mind.
Vegas Eagle Fan

Post by Vegas Eagle Fan »

I actually hope Harden walks and as much as I like Embiid it might be a good time to trade him. Not sure who or how many assets the Sixers could get for him but I would be interested in hearing some opinions.
Gennosuke

Post by Gennosuke »

Would it be considered a step down if we went from a Doc to a Nurse?
Gennosuke

Post by Gennosuke »

NBA head coaches who win a title with one team rarely ever win a title as head coach of another team (and Doc is a good example of that).

In the last 50 years, only two coaches have managed to do it, Pat Riley with the Lakers and Heat, and Phil Jackson with the Bulls and Lakers. And Jackson was very fortunate to have Jordan and Pippen in Chicago, and Shaq and Kobe in LA.
BelmontShore
Site Admin

Post by BelmontShore »

People who wanna trade Embiid have lost their fucking minds. They don't remember what it was like after Iverson. They don't understand how hard it is to find a star. Philadelphia will NEVER sign a FA star, let alone an MVP candidate. The only way Philly will have a star is to draft him. Embiid is a generational talent, those are even more rare. The 76ers have only had 4 in their entire history.

Ask Houston, Detroit, Washington and Utah how hard it is to find a true star.
Captain Obvious

Post by Captain Obvious »

BelmontShore wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 2:38 pm People who wanna trade Embiid have lost their fucking minds. They don't remember what it was like after Iverson. They don't understand how hard it is to find a star. Philadelphia will NEVER sign a FA star, let alone an MVP candidate. The only way Philly will have a star is to draft him. Embiid is a generational talent, those are even more rare. The 76ers have only had 4 in their entire history.

It's a solid reason Bel, but with the limited options this team has, what do you do? Not sure the pieces the Sixers need are there for the right price.

Who is going to take Harris's contract in a trade? Tucker's? Sixers have got to do better off the bench. Everyone I have heard about the Sixers gettting are guys they should have got 4 years ago.

You go to hope Harden stays right? Is Joel going to mesh well with the new coaching staff? Got to hope he does.

I don't want to see Embiid gone either, but I also don't want to see him fail like he has in the past cause he has no one to go off to when he is getting crippled in a triple team each night.
awfulstack

Post by awfulstack »

BelmontShore wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 2:38 pm People who wanna trade Embiid have lost their fucking minds. They don't remember what it was like after Iverson. They don't understand how hard it is to find a star. Philadelphia will NEVER sign a FA star, let alone an MVP candidate. The only way Philly will have a star is to draft him. Embiid is a generational talent, those are even more rare. The 76ers have only had 4 in their entire history.

I probably lashed out right after the game but the best option is to blow up everything around Embiid and Maxey.

I do think though if they let go of Harden they need a point guard. Their offense was pretty atrocious in the half court before Harden. Someone that can make the game easier. We can kill Harden but he created a lot of easy shots for Joel.

Maxey is best served as a combo guard