The Glenn is Fired 2023 Sixers Offseason Thread

Moderator: sentinelhyder

Captain Obvious

Re: The Glenn is Fired 2023 Sixers Offseason Thread

Post by Captain Obvious »

BelmontShore wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 2:55 am Or Pat Croce. Lol.
Croce would come back and lock Morey and Harden in a room
FolesMVP09

Post by FolesMVP09 »

Sixers sign Danny Green

Next season is really going to suck
phtown

Post by phtown »

Danny Green? This franchise must hate its fans, especially me.
BelmontShore
Site Admin

Post by BelmontShore »

Ummm. Folks?

[Milwaukee Bucks superstar Giannis Antetokounmpo isn't tied to the organization that he's spent his whole career with if a more fruitful opportunity arises.

"I'm a Milwaukee Buck, but most importantly I'm a winner, I want to win," Antetokounmpo told the 48 Minutes podcast. "I have to do whatever it takes for me to win. And if there's a better situation for me to win the Larry O'Brien, I have to take that better situation."]

I'm telling you right now. The 76ers will be heavily favored to be the landing spot for Giannis if/when he decides to leave. The Bucks can no longer put players around him who can help him win a title.

In 2024, the 76ers will be the only team with cap space and an MVP already on the roster.
FolesMVP09

Post by FolesMVP09 »

Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn

Free agent G/F Kelly Oubre Jr., is expected to sign a one-year deal with the Philadelphia 76ers, sources tell ESPN. Oubre — who averaged 20 points for Charlotte last season — could get significant opportunity on the wing with the uncertainty around James Harden.
BelmontShore
Site Admin

Post by BelmontShore »

Lol. How long have I advocated for Oubre? Since he came out of college? Surprisingly, he's only 27. He has some work to do to round out his game but Nurse is a great coach to do that. Nurse will have two reclamation projects to work through, Bamba and Ouvre, that could net huge benefits.

Word from Godner is that it's a vet min deal.
FolesMVP09

Post by FolesMVP09 »

lol - be shocked, but love Jrue

Kyle Neubeck
@KyleNeubeck

The Sixers are interested in trying to acquire Jrue Holiday, per a source familiar with their thinking.

Will obviously be a robust market for him, but Philadelphia expected to see what it'll take to re-route him.
adamcru

Post by adamcru »

FolesMVP09 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:45 pm lol - be shocked, but love Jrue

Kyle Neubeck
@KyleNeubeck

The Sixers are interested in trying to acquire Jrue Holiday, per a source familiar with their thinking.

Will obviously be a robust market for him, but Philadelphia expected to see what it'll take to re-route him.
If Portland is interested in James Harden, you make that trade every day of the week. Not sure what else it would take or what the salaries look like but any way to get Harden as far away from this team as possible is a win in my book.