It's Nick Nurse...

Moderator: sentinelhyder

BelmontShore
Site Admin

It's Nick Nurse...

Post by BelmontShore »

The Philadelphia 76ers will hire Nick Nurse to be their new head coach as reported by Woj.
_20230530_034521.JPG
_20230530_034521.JPG (144.03 KiB) Viewed 1270 times
BelmontShore
Site Admin

Re: Nick Nurse...

Post by BelmontShore »

Captain Obvious wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 9:02 pm ...and the Sixers hire Nick Nurse.

...and most likely Harden will be gone...
BelmontShore
Site Admin

Re: Nick Nurse...

Post by BelmontShore »

FolesMVP09 wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 9:05 pm Not going to matter in terms of winning a title - but he is a good hire
BelmontShore
Site Admin

Re: It's Nick Nurse...

Post by BelmontShore »

I have to say, I'm happy to see Morey make this move. I was so afraid Mike D was just fair accompli.

I hope Nurse will be the key in the push to establish a development program for the 76ers' young players to surround Embiid with length and athleticism, get away from this reliance on older vets just because they're older vets.

I also think we'll see a fresher offensive approach and a better conceived defensive philosophy.
Captain Obvious

Post by Captain Obvious »

BelmontShore wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 1:27 am I have to say, I'm happy to see Morey make this move. I was so afraid Mike D was just fair accompli.

I hope Nurse will be the key in the push to establish a development program for the 76ers' young players to surround Embiid with length and athleticism, get away from this reliance on older vets just because they're older vets.

I also think we'll see a fresher offensive approach and a better conceived defensive philosophy.
Agreed Bel.

The more I read about him, the more he seems he's not afraid to challenge the young players and let them develop while on the court.

The one bad thing I read is that he does like to work his best players hard (long game time minutes) which I am not sure how thats going to work out with Embiid.
sentinelhyder

Post by sentinelhyder »

wont happen but i'd like to see Morey gone as well. Myers, the Warriors' GM, just resigned. Pipe dreams.
BelmontShore
Site Admin

Post by BelmontShore »

Captain Obvious wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 11:06 am Agreed Bel.

The more I read about him, the more he seems he's not afraid to challenge the young players and let them develop while on the court.

The one bad thing I read is that he does like to work his best players hard (long game time minutes) which I am not sure how thats going to work out with Embiid.
I think his playing of his starters in Toronto was a product of his limited roster and no star. He had no one but Siakam and VanVleet, so he had to rely on them to play major minutes.