My apologies, folks. 🙏🏾🙏🏾

Moderator: Christopher

BelmontShore
Site Admin

My apologies, folks. 🙏🏾🙏🏾

Post by BelmontShore »

I blew it. I didn't realize the getaway game was an afternoon game.

I've got 2 graduations and 3 graduation parties over the next week with 4 soccer practices and 2 games over 5 games. I finished the outdoor kitchen enough for the party, put a fence around the garden and now I'm baking the rolls for hamburgers, pulled pork and shredded barbecue chicken sandwiches, making the roast pulled pork and my famous iced tea.

The GDT got away from me.🤨
FolesMVP09

Re: My apologies, folks. 🙏🏾🙏🏾

Post by FolesMVP09 »

They lost as a result

If Chris agrees, we will be extending your double secret probation...
bigel57

Post by bigel57 »

BelmontShore wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:20 pm I blew it. I didn't realize the getaway game was an afternoon game.

I've got 2 graduations and 3 graduation parties over the next week with 4 soccer practices and 2 games over 5 games. I finished the outdoor kitchen enough for the party, put a fence around the garden and now I'm baking the rolls for hamburgers, pulled pork and shredded barbecue chicken sandwiches, making the roast pulled pork and my famous iced tea.

The GDT got away from me.🤨
Great job outta you Dad! Can you fly over after all the activities and play left field?!
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

Actually, I think it was 100% appropriate to skip a GDT, and you have nothing to apologize for.

The Phillies haven't shown up for about 20 games this year. Us missing one thread is a drop in the bucket by comparison. And honestly, the GDTs with only 7-8 posts aren't a sign of the health of this board, but a sign of how apathetic we've become toward the Phillies, due to their snoozer approach to games.

In good news, we're only 3.5 games behind the Pirates & Marlins for the last wild-card spot. Having three wild cards was beautiful last year, but in the overall, it really does eliminate the "We're doomed, time to sell" narrative from the equation.
BelmontShore
Site Admin

Post by BelmontShore »

Thanks, guys.

You're the best.

It's been hectic AF, but incredibly joyful.