2022 Around the NFL offseason thread

Moderator: FolesMVP09

Christopher

Re: 2022 Around the NFL offseason thread

Post by Christopher »

Kevin Cooney
@KevinCooney
Let’s be honest, Eagles fans. Winning a Super Bowl was always going to be special. Beating Tom Brady in perhaps his best statistical Super Bowl with a backup quarterback made the story an all timer in NFL history.

This. Ultimately, Brady is a legend because even his losses involved greatness. He was historically great in LII, but Nick Foles was better in the all-around. And he goes out with a loss that certainly doesn't feel like a loss, given that he had one last hurrah of improbably tying the game vs. the Rams in the final moments. He rides into the sunset never having lost his touch, which, even through despising him all you want, is jaw-dropping.
FolesMVP09

Post by FolesMVP09 »

Christopher wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:33 pm Farewell, Tom Brady and your 8 Super Bowl rings (err, I mean 7)
My favorite Brady moment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeWH4ttdO4w
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

Patrick Mahomes II
@PatrickMahomes
<<Goat emoji>>
headclown

Post by headclown »

FolesMVP09 wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:15 pm
headclown wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:14 pm Events so far make if that much more important for the Eagles to knock it out of the park this off-season. You now have the Bucs and Saints that will be in somewhat of a transition. And then If Rodgers gets traded to Denver, you could see a serious changing of the guard in the NFC. Need Howie to be on point in Free Agency and then the draft
Eagles will still be far behind Dallas and that is the problem
I dont believe that for a second....Dak regressed last year, they wont have Gallop and their coach is still an idiot. I truly think you are under estimating how much better the Eagles can be next year. Their salary cap and their draft capital equals some potentially great additions to a team that just made the playoffs. Hurts will get better, Mialata will get better and Smith will get better. Have some faith and positivity!
FolesMVP09

Post by FolesMVP09 »

headclown wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:47 pm
FolesMVP09 wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:15 pm
headclown wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:14 pm Events so far make if that much more important for the Eagles to knock it out of the park this off-season. You now have the Bucs and Saints that will be in somewhat of a transition. And then If Rodgers gets traded to Denver, you could see a serious changing of the guard in the NFC. Need Howie to be on point in Free Agency and then the draft
Eagles will still be far behind Dallas and that is the problem
I dont believe that for a second....Dak regressed last year, they wont have Gallop and their coach is still an idiot. I truly think you are under estimating how much better the Eagles can be next year. Their salary cap and their draft capital equals some potentially great additions to a team that just made the playoffs. Hurts will get better, Mialata will get better and Smith will get better. Have some faith and positivity!

Dallas has some studs on D - Eagles have none
You are hoping that Hurts can be as good as a regressed Dak and that is still very questionable

McCarthy is an idiot agreed, but Sirrianni is not a Mensa member either. Plus Quinn >>>>> Gannon

I don't have faith in Howie - seen too many bad upper picks

Eagles ceiling next year will again be in that 9-10 win range, so your hope is that Dallas regresses down to that. Cowboys are an underachieving team annually, that is the best hope
headclown

Post by headclown »

Eagles will win 10 or more games next year....you can take that to the bank, just like I did this year on our 9 wins.

Yes they do have a great player on defense...Parsons. Diggs is good, but he is not as good as his 11 INTs would tell you, dude gave up a SHIT ton of yards. They will most likely lose Gregory and Lawerence is in decline IMO.
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

Given the multiple explosive Brian Flores revelations in that lawsuit, I bet the NFL wishes everyone would go back to talking about Tom Brady and OT coin flips.
FolesMVP09

Post by FolesMVP09 »

Christopher wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:04 pm Given the multiple explosive Brian Flores revelations in that lawsuit, I bet the NFL wishes everyone would go back to talking about Tom Brady and OT coin flips.
I believe the 100K per game offer to lose games happened and that that was the riff that ultimately led to his firing with the success of Burrow
Jamesj30t

Post by Jamesj30t »

Looks like Doug Pederson has found a new home in Jacksonville.

https://www.nfl.com/news/jaguars-hiring ... head-coach
rob630

Post by rob630 »

Congrats to Doug on his Jags hiring. Hope he does well. Shortcomings aside, I will always have a soft spot for the guy who brought us a championship.